your fear

-your fear

Calum:

•drowning

"I've got a surprise planned for us today", these were the words you heard when your boyfriend Calum woke you up with a gentle kiss.

You two are on holidays, it's like you are staying in paradise, every day is beautiful, the people are incredibly friendly and you wish, you could just stay here forever.
After breakfast you two get dressed and Calum tells you to wear a bikini underneath your clothes.
The sun is burning down on you when you walk out of the little hut you are staying in. Calum is already outside and places a hat on your head, protecting it from the sun, knowing that you easily get a headache in this heat.
You smile at him and reach up to place a hand on his cheek "always looking out for me baby".
Instead of saying something back to you, he leans in and closes the little space between you two, gently placing his lips on yours.
Moments like this always make your heart flutter, when he is just so caring and soft, showing you in simple ways just how important you are to him.

The Uber you called has arrived and Calum holds the door open for you to climb in the backseat, him following suit, immediately lacing his fingers with yours.

During the whole car ride you try to figure out what Calum has planned, but he pretends that his mouth is locked and that he threw away the key. With a smug smirk he keeps shaking his head when you ask yet another question, admitting your defeat.

Soon enough you arrive at the local marina and Calum pays the driver while you wait for him on the sidewalk.

"I booked us a romantic boat trip", he announces and you can feel your heart fall, all the way down to your feet.
You love the ocean, the sound that the waves make when they crash onto the shore but you were terrified of actually being in the ocean.
Swimming close to the beach is fine, as long as your feet can still touch the sandy ground, but when you are too far out, you are scared.

Calum doesn't see the fear in your eyes, instead he drags you along with him, happily talking, too excited to see that you would rather be anywhere than on the boat that he just dragged you on.

The crew happily greets you and Calum leads you to the sun lounges, ready to relax and do nothing for the rest of the day. Just now he takes a proper look at you and sees how pale you have suddenly gotten.

"What's wrong baby?", he asks and moves closer to you, worry is now clearly in his eyes.
"I am scared of drowning", you admit shyly,scared to upset Calum, he had put so much effort in this surprise and you were about to ruin it.

"Oh my god y/n, I didn't know, we never talked about this", he rambles and pulls you onto his lap, wrapping his arms around you, while you silently cry, salty tears dropping on his bare chest.

You can hear Calum talk to a crew member and when he is done, he gently removes your head from the crook of his neck, so that he can take a look at you.

"Don't be upset, it's okay, we are just going to stay in the marina, we can have some drinks, bathe in the sun and enjoy our day, no need to drive out into the ocean for that", he tells you and presses sweet kisses on your wet cheeks, trying desperately to stop you from crying.

You lock eyes with him, yours are still filled with unshed tears, his are filled with worry. "Really?", you ask and he nods a big smile on his face.

"I would never make you do anything that scares you baby", he kisses you again like he was underlining the point he just made

Ashton:
•crowds

To say that you don't like crowds would be an understatement. You are terrified of them, ever since you got lost at a local carnival when you were a child and lost your parents, you avoided crowds as much as you possibly could.