Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Do you think this is good?

"Well how should I know? It's not like we're invited to parties like all the time."

Wait, is this my first school party?

Okay, this is sad.

"UGHHHH." You exclaim in frustration. "I literally don't know what to wear."

A knock on your bedroom door surprises you. "Hello?"

Your mom comes in. "Hey, hon. Are you good?"

You sigh,"Yeah.. It's just..."

Your mom peers at you curiously and with love. "Yes...?"

You look at your mom with exasperated eyes. "I don't know what to wear."

Your mom pauses. "Oh. HAHA. You should've said something earlier. You know, back in my days, I would love to go to parties."

You roll your eyes, "Um. Okay."

Your mom looks at the closet, "Well, this is a Christmas party, I'm assuming, so some plaid could be in there."

You shake your head, " I don't want it to be like straight up red plaid. That's too obvious."

Your mom nods thoughtfully. "Oh! I have a dress that might be good."

Your mom leaves and quickly comes back with a plaid dress. "Try it on. Oh, but with a shirt under because it's cold."

    You pause

You pause. "Oh." Then you smile, " I really like it, actually."

***

You knock the door at around 8 in the evening. The door quickly flies open and you're presented with Bokuto's cheerful face with an elf hat.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!!! Y/n!!!! Welcome to the party," he says and winks.

You happily return his smile, "Hi. I got apple cider, haha." You carefully lift the bottle in your hand.

"Oh, dope! Come in, come in!" He opens the door wider and lets you walk in.

When you step into his living room, you see a warm glow lighting up the room. You don't see Akaashi, but Kuroo, the rest of the Fukurodani team, and another dude with brown roots you don't know were dancing and eating cookies.

"Y/n!!" They all greet you.

You wave, "Uh, hey, guys."

"Hello once again, y/n." Kuroo approaches you with a sly smile.

You smile shyly, "Hi. I didn't know you would be here."

Kuroo laughs, "Well, I didn't know you would be here either. I'm glad though."

You blush slightly. Then, suddenly someone smacks Kuroo's arm.

"Hey!"

The guy with the dyed hair grunts. "Stop flirting with her. No one likes you."

Kuroo rolls his eyes, "Oh, Kenma. You don't know that."

Kenma shakes his head. "I'm sorry, y/n. Kuroo doesn't know how to shut up."

You laugh, "It's all good."

"Hey, guys," A voice comes from behind you.

You turn and widen your eyes. "Akaashi! Hi!"

He looks at you with soft eyes, "You're here..."

Kuroo narrows his eyes. "I'm here, too, Akaashi."

Akaashi rolls his eyes, "I already talked to you, Kuroo."

Unlike Kuroo, Kenma takes the hint and drags Kuroo away from you two. Then, Akaashi replaces Kuroo's spot. "How you doing..."

You smile with a slight blush, "Good! Good... Uh, you look good!"

Akaashi glances at his outfit which was made of a sweater over a collared shirt.

"Uh, thanks. I like your dress. You look pretty," He says as he feels the hem of your dress and his eyes meet yours.

Butterflies start going crazy in your stomach and a huge blush covers your cheeks, "Heh, thank you. Are you going to dance?"

He glances at the middle of the living room where Konoha was trying his best to follow Kuroo's dance moves.

"I'm not sure..." He says. He looks like he really wants to get out of there. "Do you want a drink?"

You nod, "Sure!"

Akaashi nods and slides pass you to the kitchen. Before you go sit down, Bokuto grabs your arm. "Heyyyy! Dance with me!!!"

You giggle. "Haha, okayy."