1 Our Messed Up Lives

Sean's POV

I was beyond wasted. The room was spinning and felt like I was about to empty the contents of my stomach if I drank anymore.

"Chug!"

They yelled.

So I did as they told me too, and the next thing I know I'm waking up in a white bed with white sheets, in a hospital room.

A hospital room.

"Ugh." I moaned extremely hungover, with the biggest headache in the world.

I opened my eyes and looked over at the bed across the room, noticing someone laying there.

From what I could tell, this person had to be a girl. Probably around the age of 12 judging by her size. She had light brown hair, and a slender figure.

I could tell she was awake, but before I could say anything a nurse walked in.

"Glad to see you are awake Sean. You gave us quite the scare."

"What happened?" I asked running my head.

"We've pumped your stomach, because you drank so much you were unconscious when you arrived."

"My mom and dad?"

"They have no clue where you are."

"Have they called."

"No, your last hospital visit was about a two months ago. So this is probably the last place they expect you to be."

"Okay good. Does that mean I'm good to go?"

"Sorry Sean. We're going to need you to stay here for a little bit longer, maybe one more day so we can continue testing your blood."

I rolled my eyes and said dramatically, "I guess Susan." Knowing her name from having been in here so many times. "But only if you bring me ice cream."

"Deal. I'll bring it up later."

"Thanksssss." I said hissing the s, smiling like a giddy little boy.

Me and Susan go way back, just recently I went cold turkey on self harm. Susan helped me all the way through it. Always by my side, when I had to be stitched up and what not. So instead of doing that, I switched to drinking, no drugs. I tired them, but I didn't exactly love them.

I rolled over and faced the wall. I heard the girl roll over or something. I turned back over, and stared at a girl I had once known.

"Emery?" I asked.

"It's me." She said with a weak smile.

"Why did you drop out of school last semester. Everyone has been worried about you!"

She laughed, a sad laugh. "I doubt it." She wrapped the sheets around her more. " Did you know it was me earlier?"

" To he honest with you no, you look so fragile."

She flinched like I hit a weakness.

"What are you doing in here anyways?"

Before she could respond Susan walked in my ice cream and some food.