PROLOUGE ~Our Hero~

Our story begins in a small house off the coast of the Pacific Ocean. The green waves gently slapped against the beach, seagulls screeched as they dipped low to snap up the fish in the water. There was a small cottage house sitting atop a hill on the white sand.

This home is the quiet and docile birthplace of our hero. The house was painted a bright orange at one time, but now it is a faded peach color. The windows cracked and broken, the floor in almost every room is covered in sand. In almost every corner, spiderwebs hang, their makers silently spinning away.

Our hero's story begins in the smallest room in the house. Hush! Look! There she rests in a corner. No, not the spider. Look down, down, down, there. That's it. I know she doesn't look like much. To you she seems to be a ball of orange, black, blue, and red fur, but she is so much more. She is Burn. She is me.

Now our hero is not alone in this house. Keeping watch over Burn, is Sand. His bright, light blue eyes alert to everything around them. Not even a storey spider escapes his view as he protects his little sister. Burn lifts her head at the sound of fluttering wings. As Sand's eyes meet her matching ones, he heads his feathers and becomes a wolf.

Her head tilts to the side as she scrambles to her paws for the first time. "How did you do that?", she asks the wolf that was just a bird.

Sand smiled a toothy smile. 'You have much to learn, little sister. For now, you must rest and I must pay my respects to the birth mother.', he spoke into the young she-wolf's mind. He dipped his head and turned to leave.

Getting over her surprise, Burn asked, "What happened to the birth mother?" Her brother stoped in his tracks.

"She died after birthing you. The magic you contain is too much for a weakened wolf to handle." On that happy note, he left Burn to sleep.