The White Bolt Trials Start.

I struggled in the tightening grip of the green dragon's tail, she was fast. My breath came in short paniced gasps as she flew further from my mate. I looked over my shoulder at the dragon holding me, the freezing air stung my eyes making them water.

 She suddenly arched down and folded in her wings, my teeth were clenched from the cold. I herd a loud shrill laugh from the green dragon as her tail was no longer holding me, I watched as she hovered in one spot and got smaller as my body twisted and got dangerously closer to the ice covered land below me.

 Fear. I stopped breathing as my life seemed to flash before me. I don't regret leaving my pack, I just wish I had mated with Lyale before I died. The impact was far harder to deal with than I had thought, I narrowly missed the ice and landed in water so cold I felt instantly frozen to my core. My body was numb but I still felt the painful throbing before I felt nothing at all.

 The wind was knocked out of me as a red tail stopped my fall. Blinking I realized I saw my own death, I gasped for air as my heart beat quickened. Lyale landed on the snow covered ice and shifted holding me to his chest so tightly no clod could breach his warmth. I was shaking still not able to comprehened fully that I could have just died if Lyale was not there to save me.

 By the time we got back to the cloud palace the green dragon was gone, Lyale's eyes flashed dangerously at any dragon who got close to me.

 I was eating a deer Lyale had hunted down for me, I ate in my wolf form, when a black dragon walked up to me. I took the deer by the antler and dragged it away as he got closer, when he leaned his head down I growled waking Lyale up from his nape. "Be calm, wolfen one. I have come to inform you and Lyale that the lessons for the whites will be starting."

 Lyale's tense stance relaxed and his tail wrapped around me as he trotted happily to an open area with no floor. Lyale threw back my pants he had grabbed hitting me in the face, I shifted and pulled them on. I sat on his head as he hovered in the wall of dragons that enclosed a large area where 10 white dragons sat in the middle.

 I recognized Nixus's snowy form instsntly, she was whiter then all the others and had a larger wingspan. A group of 6 older White dragons settled above everyone in the very center of the circular wall of hovering dragons.

 A loud booming roar silenced the chirping and talking, a large purple dragon  settled in the middle of the 10 white all lined up. "Dragons! We gather here to witness the age old White Bolt Trials!" The crowd of dragons all made their chests vibrate making a rolling thummering noise that rattled my body.

 They settled down at the flick of the purple dragon's wings "I am Sliv, the royal family has given me the honor of hosting this event that occurs only once every three hundred years. The White Bolts, are the fastes fliers in the dragon world and are vital to the royal family's protection. The one who wins these Lessons will be granted the title of White Bolt and will be given one of the Sacred Royal Crystals to guard." I was confused as hell now. What the fuck were the 'Sacred Royal Crystals'?

 Lyale watched Nixus stretching her wings, the contenders were aloud to talk to anyone they wanted to before the Trials started. Lyale made his way over to her when no one made a move to talk to her. "Lyale, you came!" He chuckled and hugged the small dragon gently "Of course, I wouldn't miss you winning for the world." She shifted into her human form as did Lyale, without warning I might add.

 I ended up sitting on his shoulders. I squeaked and gripped his hair, he looked up at me as I wiggled my way down his back. Nixus's human for was small, she had long silver hair that frizzed in every direction, clear blue eyes, and pale skin. Her features were sharp with a gentleness to them that was hard to come by, and her body was thin. She smiled brightly at Lyale and I, she was one of very very few who accepted Lyale's choise to keep me as a mate. 

 "You came too Baily, I didn't think you would. This doesn't exactly sound like your kind of thing." I laughed and hugged her "I am completely clueles as to what is going on trust me, but Lyale is close to you and you are nice to me. So yes, I am here too."

 Lyale and I got to stay on the platform as the whites all lined up to listen to the rules "Okay, there are ten of you so only five will be going at one time. There are three main tests you must pass to win, and I mean you must pass all three of them. They all nodded at Sliv "The first test will be a simulation of a raid, each of you will be given a stone on a necklace to represent the Royal Crystals. You must protect this stone at all costs, non of you will die, though some will be badly injured. You may back out at any time, just stop flying and let one of the purples below catch you."

 Some looked nervous while Nixus hopped from paw to paw in a small dance warming herself up. She leaned her head down as a stone about the size of my hand was placed around her large neck. "Okay, now who wants to go first. I need five of you." Nixus trotted up to him excitedly along with four hesitant others.

 A whistle sounded and 100 or so black dragons  hovered at random points, they will serve as the raiders. Nixus snorted flames out of her nose and bent low holding her wings ready. Sliv's tail rose and they all got ready "Ready...and.....GO!"