She hummed in response. She was followed in by a knight that you didn't know, and a girl that you didn't recognize. Your curiosity grew. "Last night..." she trailed off. "Your father and the council have discussed it. You are not to speak to anyone about what happened. If anyone asks you, you deny it ever happened."

You were taken aback, but once you thought about it, it made sense for the council to come to this conclusion. All acts of civil unrest in the kingdom were to be ignored by his and her majesty. You wanted to say something in return but decided to just nod. It was for the best that you didn't resist. Then, your mother turned towards the man and women behind her. The knight stepped forward. "Due to the attempted against your life, and the testimony given by Sir Hoseok, who had only made it to your defense with seconds to spare, the king and queen have decided to assign an undercover protector." The girl who had been standing in the back, stepped forward.

"My names Noor. I'm a mercenary hired by the king and queen. I'll be disguised as one of your attendants for the foreseeable future." She was pretty and had a kind sounding voice. You were intrigued because she looked no older than you were, maybe even a little younger. She had a dark complexion with soft eyes and hair that curled in coils as it hung behind her head. She wore a dress similar to the ones that your attendants wore, but it was obviously less worn down.

She looks strong. You thought. Not even necessarily in a physical way even though she gave you the feeling she could knock you out with one try, but she seemed mentally strong. And smart.

Your mother spoke up again. "Noor, as well as Sir Hoseok, will be with you at almost all times." You didn't know how to react. You knew it was for your own safety, but that alone time that you had cherished so much just minutes before may be unavailable for quite a while. And with the silence, your mother turned to leave. The knight followed her, but Noor stayed.

The doors to your room were left open, but it was just the two of you now. You watched as she looked around your room, only moving her eyes. You wanted to know more about her. In particular, how she, a young lady came to be a skilled mercenary. "So," you started, breaking the silence. "A hired mercenary, skilled enough to be hired by the crown?" It was an observation, but you had stated it like a question.

She looked over at you with questioning eyes. She hummed in response. "That's correct."

Interesting. You thought about her. She looked warm and inviting on the outside but had a sharp tongue. You could tell she would stand up for herself if need be. It was refreshing honestly. "How old are you, Noor?"

She looked you up and down so quickly if you had blinked you would have missed it. "I'm seventeen."

Your mouth fell open. "And how did you manage to do and learn so much at such a young age?" You asked, hoping she wouldn't mind your prying nature.

She let out a chuckle. "That's a story for another time, your majesty."

You narrowed your eyes. She seemed so much more mature than a seventeen-year-old. You kind of felt like you were talking to an adult, but it wasn't awkward like talking to an adult. You were about to ask another question when you notice a figure appear in the doorway. You looked over to find Hobi.

"Princess." He greeted, his eyes instantly giving you a rejuvenated feeling.

You smiled, your heart feeling full. He turned to Noor and with an inquisitive look. "You must be the mercenary I've heard about."

She nodded. "I'm Noor."

He gave her a grin, the kind that makes you feel comfortable with him. "I'm Hoseok." He looked between the two of you. "Well, it seems the three of us will be spending a good amount of time together.