Chapter 9

~The Beginning of the End~

*Trigger Warning: Domestic Abuse*

The whole group was in a deep argument as I continued to stand there in shock and disgust. Mostly disgust. "Luce what if he gives you like an STD?" I grimaced

"Shut up Medlar" Draco hissed

"Alright you two." Enzo said stepping in "I'm not looking to taking you to the hospital wing in ferret form tonight. And although that was funny Ari I have to scold you anyways."

I snorted lightly. Everyone once again broke out in separate fights as I stood there. "Hey uh...guys? Are we gonna work on our project?"

No answer.

"Guys?"

"Medlar shut it for once in your life!" Draco shouted once more.

Lorenzo let out an exasperated sigh. "Watch it Draco"

Grabbing my wand I smiled at him "Can someone remind me what the spell is to turn someone into a ferret?"

Nyx went to answer but instead Enzo just rolled his eyes and grabbed the wand from my hands. "Ari is right let's just work on our project"

Everyone eventually gave in and sat down in a circle, getting out their supplies. I was in between Nyx and Enzo looking at Draco with a glare. We were all assigned a job and got to work while also taking an occasional hit of the last of Enzo's weed.

By the time we finished I was a little buzzed but not nearly as high as Lorenzo, Draco, or Nyx. "Do you guys wanna grab a drink together at The Three Broomsticks?" Blaise suggested as everyone agreed

We all got up and headed to Hogsmeade, chatting happily the whole time. Enzo was leaning heavily on me for balance and I couldn't stop laughing at his idiotic comments. Once we were outside of The Three Broomsticks Enzo let out a loud yell. "I'm high... and I'm outside!!!"

"Let the whole world know will you?" I laughed

Walking in everyone took their seats and Draco ordered a bottle of firewhiskey. The shots began to be passed around as I took a few but not as many as everyone else. I was getting pretty tired of having constant headaches.

Enzo had his head on my shoulder and was mindlessly playing with my hands as Blaise went into a deep detailed story about what his mom did when she found his alcohol stash.

"You're a bloody idiot Blaise" I laughed

"Hey at least I didn't have to spend two weeks in detention in 4th year for telling Snape he smells like shit" He cackled, recalling the memory.

"Hey! He does. Was I supposed to lie?"

"Yes!" Everyone agreed at the same time

The whole group began to break out in fits of laughter. I was gonna miss this once the war started.