T W O

« The Lost Weekend »

JUGHEAD HAD NEVER BEEN A MUSICIAN; never really caring to learn either. So, that meant that Clemintine would be alone during her next class period. It was a large room, much larger than the one at Riverdale High. The class size was also much larger than a regular class. There had to be at least 50+ kids here.

"You must be Clemintine." An enthusiastic and kind accent reached the blonde's ears. "I'm Miss Kingsman." She seemed young, perhaps around Jackson's age. She was a thin woman, with gorgeous features, and her brown hair styled perfectly. "What instrument do you play?"

"Violin." Clemintine answered. She felt drawn to the friendly teacher.

"Perfect." Miss Kingsman clasped her hands together, smiling brightly. "We'll start you off in the back of the section for today. You can test for me tomorrow and we'll place you accordingly." She motioned to the other violin players, before addressing her class. "Everyone, find your seats. As you know, today is the last day of placement testing. But first, let's play some warmups."

Clemintine fumbled with her violin. It had been a while since she last played with a group. She was anxious at how she would sound. Her fellow classmates were the richest of rich kids, who have all had tutors all their lives. It would make anyone nervous.

"Perfect as always." Miss Kingsman sighed with a bright smile, obviously proud of her students. "Now, while I finish up testing, I expect all of you to be on your best behavior. Don't get too loud."

The blonde girl immediately got to work, pulling out her notebooks and finishing the article she promised Betty.

"We meet again." The arrogant Bret Weston-Wallis took a seat beside Clemintine.

"You're in this class?" Clemintine questioned, barely glancing at the boy.

Bret smiled arrogantly. "Of course, I am. I play every instrument. Piano, saxophone, clarinet, etc. In this class specifically? I play the cello." He boasted proudly. "How long have you been playing the violin?"

"Seven years." Clemintine answered.

"Are you any good?" Bret rose a challenging brow, smirking.

Clemintine paused writing, turning her body fully to face him. "Let's leave that for Miss Kingsman to figure out."

Bret gave Clemintine a once over, before smiling at her. "You look good in a uniform, blondie."

"We're done here." She turned away from him, going back to her previous assignment.

After their interaction, the girl felt as if the bell would never ring; but when it finally did, she was the first one out the door. Unfortunately for her, the one thing she was trying to get away from, was determined to follow her.