22. Abandoned.

Year 3, semester 1Friday, 13 September 2019

Year 3, semester 1
Friday, 13 September 2019

The first thing that hit Josie when she returned to London was how weird it was that she wasn't exiting the car on Orsman Road like she had done those other times

The first thing that hit Josie when she returned to London was how weird it was that she wasn't exiting the car on Orsman Road like she had done those other times. 3 Penshurst Road was alright as well, but it still felt strange. And it especially felt strange that she was now about to move in with Isla when she had lived the two previous years with three men. Though, she supposed, it would be better living with Isla in that sense. At least now the flat would be somewhat clean.

One thing that felt like old times was the presence of Mason, who had, up till this moment, been next to jogging back and forth between the car and the flat. When every box and bag was safely inside the flat, he went to park the car, but he was still out of breath when he came into the flat.

"It's so bloody hot," he said, though Josie knew that he had barely worked out this past summer because he had spent most of his time with Isla.

Josie had not been told the exact date of when it happened, but she did know that sometime in June, Mason had asked Isla if she wanted to be his girlfriend. Isla had been so caught up in the moment and the few days following, that it took almost a week for her to actually call Josie and tell her what had happened. A bliss so loud and all-consuming took over and Josie could not stop herself from screaming into the phone, making her papai run into her bedroom to make sure she was okay and for Isla to laugh hysterically. Seeing as both of Josie's parents were busy with work, Mason and Isla had come up to Nottingham to spend a few days there with her before the three of them drove back down to London.

Josie had been tempted to ask Harry if he fancied a drive with her since the two of them had done so many already, but she could tell even before texting him that it was a bad idea. Not only would spending more alone time with Harry than necessary bring on unwelcome feelings that would only make her pine for him even more, but she would also have to pretend like she had not thought about Harry for literally the entire summer. He truly, without any thought for her well-being, lived in her head rent free. Scenarios of the two of them ending up together like Mason and Isla would not stop manifesting themselves, along with erotic tattooing sessions, and holding hands even though their hands were clammy, but they did not want to let go because that would mean they wouldn't be touching any longer.