The Gift

A/N: This stemmed from KarmicMayem's idea of a relaxing shopping rip and then quickly turned into another trip into the lives of our favourite unstable family.

***

"Okay, first question." Koyama narrowed his eyes at Karma who was slurping a strawberry milkshake he'd bought at the station into the city. "Why is he here?"

Karma shrugged. "Sadism."

"What?!"

Gakushuu sighed, crossing his arms as the seven of them stood in the high street where rows of stores were packed with Christmas Shoppers. "I needed his know-how if I'm going to get the perfect gift for my father."

"Uh, care to elaborate?" Araki looked confused.

Ren looked amused. "Asano wants to get the principal—"

"Ex-Principal," Gakushuu corrected.

"—A gift that will piss him off," Ren continued.

Karma grinned. "A sadism's wet dream."

"Ew." Araki wrinkled his nose. "Please don't ever say something like that again. "

Gakushuu sighed. "I need this gift to royally piss off my father, which is why I have enlisted the help of our dear class sadist to assist."

"Can't pass up an opportunity to piss the man off," Karma commented, grinning.

Ren exchanged a look with the others and shrugged. "Fair point."

"Okay, okay, I get that, but why is this guy here?" Koyama gestured to the short quiet boy standing next to Karma who was currently trying to retreat into his scarf like a turtle.

"That's Kita." Gakushuu looked annoyed. "He's been in our class since middle school."

"He has?" Ren stared at the boy in surprise.

"Ren, he sits right next to you."

"Huh." Ren shrugged. "Never noticed." Gakushuu discreetly kicked him. "Uh! I mean. KITA! Of course!" Ren forced a laugh and placed a hand on the smaller boy's shoulder. "Sorry, I was just joking!"

Kita kept his gaze law, shrinking in on himself. His mop of dark brown hair covering his gaze as his neck disappeared behind the over large green scarf. "...It's okay."

Karma rolled his eyes. "Don't take it personally, Kita, Ren barely pays attention unless you've got tits."

Seo burst out laughing while Ren frowned.

Gakushuu raised an eyebrow when he saw a shy smile tug onto the boy's lips.

Karma pulled Kita away from Ren's clutches. "' Sides, me and Kita are gonna go check out a movie after this."

"What are you going to go watch?" Araki asked.

Karma grinned. "This new superhero movie about this guy who's basically a zombie!"

"...It's a sequel," Kita mumbled.

"Yeah, so we gotta hurry this up, you know? I'm in high demand." He grinned toothily.

Gakushuu rolled his eyes. "I doubt it'll take too long. I already have a few stores in mind." He sighed. "Follow me, I noticed a rather ugly vase on the way here that may get his blood boiling."

Karma scoffed. "Seriously, an ugly vase." He sighed. "I thought you were serious about this."

Gakushuu smirked. "You haven't seen the vase."