That Butler, Foreigner

Start from the beginning

" ... As you wish then ... Alice ... " 

" That's much better, " I smiled again as I headed for the back door, first instinct being to find Prince Soma and Agni before hiding behind them ... of course I wouldn't do that. Father always said Phantomhives absolutely did not hide behind the protection of others, they had to depend on themselves. Talk about stress. 

- - - - 

Today's breakfast was prawn curry and french toast with ginger. Quite some weird combination of British and Indian food and spices but fortunately, it was still passable. I prodded at the prawns silently before smashing them flat like pancakes with the back of the spoon. I couldn't explain the reason why I felt so uncomfortable with the silence here while everyone else seemed to enjoy it just fine. I wonder if Ciel was eating well, he acted spoiled and refused to eat vegetables at times. At times, he insisted on a snack before sleeping. I remembered how Father and Mother would laugh, their flickering shadows against the walls while I watched from the only window of the room. If only we could spend time together like that. 

" Excuse me ... " I apologized and left the table, no one bothered to stop me, I didn't expect them to. I turned two left corners and one right which brought me in front of a long flight of stairs. I was familiar with this place so I walked up, the creaking of the stairs felt unnaturally calming but every time I got more than 10 steps, the boards under my feet will seem to buckle under and I'd grip the handles so hard. Ciel should repair this part of the manor as well, even if it was only temporary, it shouldn't be left the way it was. 

A violin ...? The same violin back at the original Phantomhive manor, or at least it looked almost the same. The same polished white wood, the beautiful strings. My hand moved on its own towards the bow and violin and I started playing once I had adjusted the position comfortably. The wind caressed my neck and I attempted playing a more forceful song I'd somehow learnt in the past. From someone whom now, remained as only a dark silhouette but yet burned strongly in my head. I could see it, a string of notes encircling the figure, just had to reach out my hand, grab that song and play it. But it was always cut off at the end, another part which was strangely snipped. I always wanted to find the other parts of that song but no matter how much I asked around, no one ever seemed to hear of this song before but were immediately enchanted when I started playing. I couldn't put a finger on why this was so.

" That was a good song. Absolutely better than what those two are playing downstairs. Can you teach me ? " Ciel asked with a smile and his head slightly tilted to one side as he held another violin and bow in his hand. My insides turned to stone, obviously Ciel was already suspecting something of me already, fortunately he hadn't recognised me yet. With a short bob, I nodded silently as we had a lesson on the edge of the roof, Ciel never being able to get the correct rhythm however hard he tried. I understood why, because this song only opened itself up to me, no one else would be able to play this song the way I could. I laughed with Ciel as I reminded him to relax his shoulders and arms, he was a good musician but he would never be able to master this song. The clock chimed noon and Ciel turned to give a short bow of appreciation before he left. 

" How long are you going to smirk there Sebastian ? " I demanded once Ciel was out of earshot and Sebastian walked from behind the gigantic clock hanging on the highest tower of the manor, trying his best to hide his laughter and I glared really really really blunt daggers at him, blunt daggers hurt more since you'll need to drive it in harder to actually kill the person. Sadly, Sebastian just couldn't die. Such a pity, he could be a real pain at times.

Lacrimose no Akuma, a song from the devil and for the devil. The full song is rumored to be able to twist minds and bend souls to the player's will, making the player strong enough to rule the whole world, you don't seem to have the full sheet yet though. The song was lost a few thousand years ago and no one has succeeded in finding the original piece since. There are some replicas but they have different tunes entirely. Players who play this piece of music, if continue playing for too long will eventually die because the power of this song feeds off a person's life and soul, " Sebastian said and I attempted stuffing all that information in my head, I had asked for his held since it didn't seem I could ask anyone else, especially not any of the servants who only thought about food ... those idiots, didn't understand why Ciel decided to bring them over to London as well.