Chapter 4: Let the Rodeo Begin!

"Thanks everyone for helping with 2015 Winter Rodeo, starting off with our third event Barrel racing, now boys don't go hitting on all the pretty girls running cause we both know they'd much rather be with their horses" the male announcer chuckled "I Need the barrel setters and backup timers out getting ready please. Barrels will start in 10 minutes thank you" I was warming up Jagger a little more extensive; leg pressure, counter circle, and a lot of circles. I never really understood why he needed a long warm up but then again 7 year olds are in their prime and full of energy especially on alfalfa. The announcer spoke the order of go for the jackpot my number for Jagger was 13 my lucky number last time I was number 13 at a race I broke the arena record with a 16.2. I loped circles and I hear my dads whistle, he always does that when he needs my attention, I saw my Mom,Dad and Trent all standing there with a cowboy hat in one had and with my calming spray, I have something called performance anxiety and it affects my runs when I don't use the spray. " Kayla come here!" Trent said with a smile. I loped over and my dad handed me the hat "here wear it when you run" my eyes lit up "really?" I said "Ya".

As the day went on I broke another arena record. I placed 2nd in the 3D and 1st in 4D. My weekend couldn't get any worse.