51. Better With You

Začať od začiatku

"Wanna take a seat Kooks? You can update the rest of us about your dad as well." Taehyung said through his soft and deep voice as he continued to caress the back of Jungkook's soft raven hair.

"Yea."

The head alpha walked towards the living room with Taehyung by his side as he took a seat with the rest of them gathering around him. He was ready to update the rest of them.

"So? How is dad doing?" Namjoon kindly repeated his question for he knows Jungkook would have missed the questions earlier as he was so engrossed with Taehyung.

After another heavy sigh, Jungkook looked over at Taehyung for a bit of encouragement before he spoke again, facing the rest of the entourage.

"Uncle Ray mentioned that dad is recovering better than expected. He showed a positive reaction towards the medication since the last time he checked him this morning. Apparently, it seems like dad was not poisoned at all, he is still weak but with enough rest, he should be up and kicking by tomorrow morning."

Taehyung was the only one who gasped in relief and clapped his heart out hugging the boy beside him as Jungkook returned the hug with a soft smile on his lips. The rest of the boys nodded and didn't say much.

"I'm so happy to hear Mr Jeon is doing better Kooks."

"Thanks Tae."

"Can I see him again?"

"S-sure, you can head up and be with him, I will join in a bit. Just need some water."

"Alright, I will speak with your mom in the meantime. You can rest a bit as well. Don't worry Kooks, he will be alright."

Taehyung unconsciously cupped Jungkook's cheeks in the palm of his hands and kissed his forehead. He was so happy with the positive news on Mr Jeon in which he did not even realize his act made the rest of the boys in the room gasp with astonishment.

Well maybe not all of them per se, but certainly the look of horror on Yoongi's face and shock on Calum's can't be beaten by Jimin's smirks. He was low-key rejoicing that his Taekook ship is finally sailing freely.

The group waited till Taehyung made his way up before turning their heads to the true alpha who had his jaw on the floor and cheeks stained in pink dust.

"I know we are here for Mr Jeon but bloody hell, aren't they the cutest?" Jimin couldn't hide his excitement. He coo-ed at the pair while Yoongi narrowed his eyes on the little silver head at the corner.

"Oh come on, are we gonna ignore the fact that Taehyung is Jungkook's mate and how they are slowly getting closer to one another? It's cute!"

Jimin's tongue slip was enough to get the biggest gasp from the only stranger in the crowd - Calum.

"What the actual fuck? A human and a true blood alpha wolf?"

"Calum, lower your voice at least. Taehyung doesn't know the truth about the supernatural world." Hoseok said in a low tone, warning the pack's head alpha as Calum threw him another shocked reaction.

"He doesn't know?" Calum whispered yelled.

"Yea..." Jimin was embarrassed for breaking such important news through his personal opinion as he was overly excited about the pair he shipped.

"But how is his brother a human-wolf? If I'm correct, I'd say Yoongi is an alpha, isn't he?" Calum pointed at Yoongi but directed his questions at Jimin.

"He is." Jimin confirmed the answer to that question.

"Guys, what is going on? You all know that Celestial pack has sworn our loyalty to the Shadow Pack since the beginning of time. You do know you can trust me right? I can see something is not right here."

Calum looked across the room and can see all the different sort of reactions and expressions on the six members present.

"Fine, I know I should have told this to you when I decided to bring Taehyung into your pack. I'm sorry Calum but you need to know the truth about him." Jungkook looked at his members and Yoongi, he sighed and continued to reveal the entire truth to Calum who sat there patiently and listened attentively.

After a whole round of thorough explanation, Calum's head was now supported by the assistance of his hands as he watched the raven head intently.

"Are you seriously telling me that I have an ace healer present in my house, in my pack and he is oblivious to everything happening around him?"

Jungkook nodded, answering Calum's obvious questions.

"Bloody hell. And he is your destined mate?"

"He is."

Calum shakes his head and ran his fingers through the depth of his blond hair while he gathered the information into his mind.

"And Jungkook, what exactly happened to your father? Is he ok? I know he was looking very ill when I found him unconscious this morning. How the hell did Ray mention that he is getting better?"

Calum meant no harm with his question but he is concerned about the older Jeon's health.

"Dad is doing better Calum. He recovered 10 times faster in the last hour of Uncle Ray's visit."

"10 times? But he was poisoned on purposed with wolfsbane Jungkook." Jin can't believe his ears.

"He was. Uncle Ray checked him again and again. It took almost an hour but he was positive that dad is better now and his system is clear of wolfsbane now."

Jungkook explained to the rest of the boys how Ray - the special human-wolf physician did a thorough check-up on his father to find no sign of wolfsbane which was used to poison him. The earlier signs of sickness and symptoms were gone, almost like it vanished into thin air.

"Is it because of Taehyung?"

Yoongi was silent throughout the conversation as he considers himself as the outsider even with Calum's presence. He chose to speak up when the obvious elephant in the room seems to be his brother, the ace healer.

"I believe so." Jungkook was not about to hide and lie for he knows that Yoongi must have barged into the room earlier when he felt Tae's healing power emerged.

"Taehyung healed Mr Jeon?" Hoseok's widened at this.

"It's not a lie that Tae is the ace healer, since the day his interaction with Jungkook increased, his true powers been emerging bits by bits. I can feel it. It can get dangerous for Taehyung if he is unable to control his powers."

Yoongi's truth slapped everyone back to the reality. As much as they can rejoice with the miracle of Taehyung as their ace healer, they need to be also ready for the danger that can come with it.

"I will not allow anyone to harm my mate. I will talk to Taehyung myself."

Jungkook had enough of the hide and seek Yoongi is planning with Taehyung. Yes, he can understand the older's intention to protect his brother but the more Yoongi is covering up for Tae, the more detrimental it can be for his mate.

"And Yoongi, Taehyung is my mate. I will die protecting him, so please allow me to do my responsibility and I hope you will support me."

.
___________________________________________
⚜️
Intense.
I loved writing this chapter by the way.