Dream - Shawn Mendes

[ 'Oh baby, when I'm apart from you. I just close my eyes. And all I have to do is Dream, Dream, Dream, Dream. About you.' ]

I'm hanging out with my best friend Marth in my room. Dream by Shawn Mendes comes on and I unconsciously start singing it. When it ends I don't even notice Marth looking at me. The next song starts playing and I just continue scrolling through my phone. "So who are you thinking of?" Marth asks with a small smirk forming. "Huh? What do you mean?" I ask looking up at her confused what she was talking about. "Y/N. I felt a lot of emotion when you sang that song just now. Now tell me who you were thinking about." Marth says determined to know who's been pulling at my heart strings. I blush "Well..it's someone I'm too afraid to tell..I've never really found the time and place to say anything about it." I say trying to be as vague as possible. "Omg tell me who it is right now I'm gonna help you confess!" Marth says getting excited. "Uh um no I don't think it's such a good idea.." I say trying to get out of this situation , while on the inside I'm starting to panic. "Why does this person have a boyfriend/girlfriend?" Marth asks. "Well no..but.." I say but couldn't find another excuse. "So what's stopping you?" Marth asks persistently. On the inside I was starting to panic because all it said over and over was 'It's you! It's you! It's you!" I knew I couldn't lie to her and I was running out of shitty excuses. As my mind voided with thoughts Marth's voice sounded further and further away. I didn't know why this was happening right now, maybe it was because I was scared to lose her or was scared she wouldn't like me back in the same way. A few minutes go by and I start to hear Marth's voice again getting clearer and clearer. "Hey shhh it's ok you don't have to tell me. I'm sorry if I pushed you too far." Marth says pulling me close. As scared as I was of saying it I was also tired of hiding it. Hiding the fact that I was in love with my best friend for years and every time I wanted to hold her or kiss her I couldn't. When I calmed down some more I was still held in Marth's arms tightly. I let out a defeated sigh and mumble "It's you." Marth confused pulls away from the hug I really didn't want to get out of and asks "What do you mean me?" My head hung low I say a bit louder so I wouldn't have to repeat myself again "The person I was thinking about was you." At this point my heart was beating out of my chest and I was scared of what was going to come next. Tears wells up in my eyes when I hear nothing. I was about to get up and leave when Marth tilts my head up and kisses me. My tears of dread quickly turn into tears of relief. At first I was shocked but quickly kissed her back. When we pull away we're both out of breath. "How long have you felt that way for?" Marth asks still staring into my eyes with a sparkle in her eye. "Um..not too long after we met." I say truthfully. "Well shit, we could have been together this whole time! I fell in love with you the second I saw you." Marth confesses.