[Chapter Seven] |-| [The Two Horikita's]

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji's PoV

I couldn't get to sleep, so I got up and left. I bought some juice from the lobby's vending machine and headed back for the elevator.

Me: "Hmm?"

I could see that the elevator had stopped on the seventh floor. Curious, I decided to check out the CCTV, which showed what was happening inside the elevator car. I saw Horikita, still dressed in her school uniform.

Me: "Well, I don't really need to hide, but. . . Kotarou tole me to follow her 'Carefully and discretly' "

Looking wary of her surroundings, she exited the building. After she'd vanished into the night, I decided to follow after her. However, I instinctively hid again after I turned the corner.

Horikita stopped in her tracks. I sensed another person was with her.

??: "Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me this far," he said.

Had she left in the dead of night to rendezvous with some guy?

Horikita: "Hmph. I'm far different from the useless girl you once knew, niisan. I came here to catch you."

Nii-san?: "Catch me, hmm?"

Niisan? In the dark, I couldn't see the person she was talking to. Was she meeting her older brother?

Nii-san?: "I heard you were placed in Class D. I suppose nothing has really changed in the last three years. You've always been fixated on following me, and as a result you don't notice your own flaws. Choosing to come to this school was a mistake."

Horikita: "That's... You're wrong about that. I'll show you. I'll reach Class A right away, then—"

Nii-san?: "It's pointless. You will never reach Class A. In fact, your class will fall apart soon enough. Things at this school aren't as simple as you think."

Horikita: "I will definitely, definitely reach—"

Nii-san?: "I told you, it's pointless. You really are a disobedient little sister."

Horikita's brother stepped closer to her. From my hiding spot, I could see him plainly.

It was Student Council President Horikita. He displayed no hint of emotion. It was like he was staring at an uninteresting object. He grabbed his younger sister by the wrist—she offered no resistance—and pushed her against the wall.

Horikita (President): "No matter how I try to avoid you, the fact remains that you're my little sister. If people around here learned the truth, I would be humiliated. Leave this school immediately."

Horikita: "I-I can't do that... I will definitely reach Class A. I'll show you!"

Horikita: (President): "How incredibly stupid. Do you want to relive the pain of the past?"

Horikita: "Niisan, I..."

Horikita (President): "You possess neither the abilities nor the qualities needed to reach Class A. Get that through your head."

He moved forward, as if about to act. The situation looked fraught with danger. Resigned to facing Horikita's anger, I leapt out from my hiding space and went after her brother.