12 - Holiday, Part 2!

Start from the beginning

The way her smile shines like there's nothing wrong in the world does it for him. He knows how he's watched that smile evolve from exhausted to sincere.

Standing there in his t-shirt over her sweatpants makes her look tender and he still cannot believe she's truly down to do this relationship of a thing with him. Of all people.

"I told her that I love her," he is cold.

"Oh dear. What did she say?" Sophie grows concerned.

"She doesn't know that's what I said," he gives a low chuckle.

"Wait, you verbally said it?" she smiles with pride bursting through her heart.

"I tried and it didn't work," he is a little irritated.

Sophie calmly holds his wrist, giving him a supportive hold.

"It's not meant to be perfect and you could have simply repeated yourself," she explains.

"It's humiliating," he frowns.

"That's your insecurity speaking. Blue doesn't think that," she replies.

"I care about what I think too," Harry sighs.

"As you should, but you need to stop beating yourself up in the process." Sophie is right and he knows that.

"Nevermind, the moment has passed," he shrugs.

"No, it ain't. I can give you space post tea. In fact, you should do this right after her phone call," she starts urging him.

"What's the rush? She probably doesn't feel the same thing," Harry smiles a little.

Sophie clutches her actual pearls and widens her eyes.

"When did you become so negative?" she sounds hurt.

"Living in London does that to you," he stifles a laugh.

"Harry, I'm serious. You were never like this. You had so much positive thoughts and energy, what happened?" she stares at him, worried.

"I'm just being realistic. I haven't loved like this in a while and I logically fear it being one-sided," he explains.

"What if it's one-sided? Is that the worst thing that can happen?" she asks.

"No, but it'd hurt like fuck." Harry replies.

Sophie exhales in understanding and taps his knee with care.

"You've come a long way in life. You've done so well for yourself and she seems like a great person," she says.

"But?" he looks at her.

"You cannot enjoy it if you keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. When you constantly anticipate negativity in the guise of being realistic, you miss out on actually living your life and taking in experiences." Sophie explains with care.

Harry sharply exhales knowing this woman is right and he slowly nods in agreement.

"The last time I loved, it didn't end well and you know that," he reminds her.

"From all our chats, that's the same thing you said happened to Blue," she turns the tables.

"Shit," he scoffs. "You're right."

"It's beautifully no longer about only you. You're in this together with someone who also deserves the goodness of pure love," she smiles.

"Fine. I'll think about something," Harry gives her a genuine smile.