They only then turned to look up and see that the magic knights captains have walked into the arena. Seke was helpful enough to introduce all of them

"Nozel silva captain of the silver eagles"

"Hes gotta leech on his face" malachite comments "i think thats his hair" asta points out "oh"

"Fuegoleon vermillion captain of the crimson lions like his name hes a flame creation magic user"

"Wow maybe he can help me with my lava magic i have going on" malachite mumbles humming softly acting like he knows hes going to get in. "Woah" asta mumbles

"Jack the ripper captain of the green praying mantises"

"Wait whats a pray mantis?" Asta asked "i think its a bug" malachite observed noding abit.

"Next we have ms charlotte roselei captain of the blue rose knights just look, she looks so beautiful"

"Eh i've seen better" malachite sassed chuckling abit. "Yeah shes got nothing on sister lily" asta shrugs "oh you and sister lilyyy" malachite teased and snickers abit.

"Gueldre poizot captain of the purple orcas"

"He looks sketchy" malachite points abit then crossed his arms abit

"Dorothy unsworth captain of the coral peacocks"

"is she sleep walking?" Asta asked "she does nothing but sleep" seke explained "weird" malachite mumbles

"Rill boismortier captain of the aqua deer"

"Doesn't he seem abit young?" Asta asked "hes about 19 years old" seke states with a small chuckle. "Wow older then me by a few years" malachite mumbles.

"Alright then i'll be the wizard king before i know it" asta states with a determined look. "Heh im counting on it casta" malachite laughed "its asta" asta whined but huffs when malachite just ruffles astas hair. "Ha haThe wizard king? Well thats sure is dreaming big" seke comments "but as for the person next in line, if you look closer you'll be able to see the real deal" seke states.

The whole crowd went wild as the most important captain walked foreward

"Captain of the golden dawn said to be the mightiest william vengeance"

"Wow" malachite raised a brow and hums softly as he looked at the captain. He glanced over to asta who looked determined as ever now. Malachite smiled then chuckles as he looked forward crossing his arms abit.

Meanwhile up in the stands

Yami yawned abit "lets get this over with the sooner we start the sooner we'll be done" he mumbles "this exam is going decides these youths futures you really shouldn't take this so lightly" william states

"Has anyone notice that boy there" Charlotte said motioning malachite. "Yes i can see the little trouble maker has really grown up" yami scratched his head abit. "The baby you found and saved years ago? Yami" william asked. "Yeah yeah no big woop" yami rolled his eyes.

Most captainsnwere interested in what the male familiar to them can do now that hes grown up..

Back to seke, asta and malachite
"All captains in one place" seke mumbles "and the wizard king?" Asta asked looking around "oh come on the wizard king has other better things to do" seke sighs

And so the exam began with williams amazing spell "magic trees desent"

Malachite watched as everyone was give brooms. Malachite became nervous in touching the broom so he let it fall.

"You've all been waiting long enough its time to began the exam" william states. He explains the series of tests all the candidates will be having to do and the judges will be the magic knight captains.

He only then explained the rest, malachite listened and fiddled with his fingers abit and looked down blankly then looked at the broom he let drop. "First test, it was flying a broom many struggled but there was a satisfying amount of candiates.

Yuno was one of them just casually standing on the broom and moving around. Malachite slowly pickedup the broom gulping slightly then took a deep breath.

He then got on the broom the flated up slowly

"He seems to be nervous" fuegoleon comments looking at malachite then looks towards asta "and him even with no magic talent at all he should be able to float"

Malachite grumbles abit then yelps as he shot up shocking many "aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!" Malachite screamed trying to control the broom. "Your doing amazing malachite" asta called out.

"R-right" malachite nods as he flew all around almost knocking a few down he only then went up high again then sees his broom begin to decay.

"Oh my" Williams mumbles as he watches the boy fall. Malachite scrambled to think of how to catch himself but couldn't think of a spell he closed his eyes to prepare for falling onto the ground but someone had caught him.

"Heh? " malachite opened his eyes then looks to see asta holding him "you okay?" Asta asked. "Yep sorry about that casta...sheesh the broom decayed again" malachite mumbles as he brushed the decayed broom fragments off him.

Then it was off to the other tests.

Magic power test

Malachite used his signature move which would be dragons guts. Many watche in awe seeing that he wasnt even using a grimoire.

The magic control test

Didn't end well malachite struggled to keep his magic under wraps

The creation magic test

Malachite couldn't really make anything out of the magic level he had

Evolution magic test

Malachites seed grew but then decayed right after. "Aw man" he mumbles and laughs slightly not worried about it at all

After a while

"Now for the next test rather difficult one" william explained

"The Combat test"