3

Crowley woke up in some apartment close to the city. He rolled his eyes as he looked at the brunette sleeping naked beside him. He hated going home with others. But he needed something to distract him from his angel.

The demon's eyebrows furrowed as he pictured the angel. Something didn't seem right. Maybe the angel was still just angry at him. He shrugged it off thinking that must be it. He figured he'd go around to the Angel's later today to make it up to him. He didn't mean to be so Harsh with him.

Crowley, looking at his clothes that he'd been putting on while his mind wandered, realised he'd need to go home to change first. He didn't want the angel to know about this. It didn't take him long to be ready and he slowly made his way to the bookshop. When he got there, he found himself to find an array of demonic and angelic energy there. The front window was cracked and he could see books everywhere inside. He rushed in calling out.

"Aziraphale! Aziraphale where are you?" Listening in, Crowley could hear grunts coming from the back. He rushed to followed the sounds to freeze in shock at the sight.

"Angel..." He murmured almost silently. A single white-haired demon stood in the middle of a circle of Angels, holding a bright flaming sword. With fierce and rapid movements he cut each and every one of them down and they vanished into shards of flaming light. The demon then turned to Crowley, pointing the sword at his throat.

"Leave or else it'll be you too." Crowley was terrified by the sight of his angel. His blackened wings in a ready to attack stance; his hold on the sword ready to kill; and his eyes were his, but they weren't. They were glowing. Deadly.

"Aziraphale?"

"Well done Azrael," a voice spoke, appearing in the room. Lord beelzebub. "You could've put on a bit more of a show though." Aziraphale lowered his sword ever so slightly and faced beelzebub.

"As if I care about putting on a show." Aziraphale spat.

"Someone care to help me out here?" Crowley squeaked. For a split second Crowley saw Aziraphale's loving eyes whirl within the glowing ones he was looking into, but that was almost immediately gone. He did however allow the sword to disperse from this plane of reality. Crowley let out a breath.

"Angel... What happened?" Crowley reached out to put a hand on Aziraphale, but he was too fast and instead wrapped a hand around the redhead's neck, lifting him into the air with impossible strength. The grip would've been strong enough to kill any human, thankfully Crowley was a demon. And although it hurt, he could take a lot more than that. Crowley was truly terrified of his angel. No... This wasn't his angel. His angel would never even consider hurting him.

"Azrael, if you're gonna kill him, can you hurry it up? We have other business to attend to." Crowley's eyes widened at beelzebub.

"Come on my Angel, you wouldn't hurt me!" Crowley tried desperately. "Just a few days ago you claimed to love me! If you love me, you wouldn't kill me!" Crowley frowned, wondering if he was imagining it, but he could've sworn he saw a severe pain in his Angel's eyes. This was a pain that only the real Aziraphale could show. It made Crowley wonder if it was their fight caused the angel to fall. God he hoped not. He wasn't sure he'd be able to forgive himself if this was all his fault. Aziraphale let him go and Crowley fell to the ground.

"I am not your angel. I am Azrael, warrior of death."

"Amazing, isn't he?" Beelzebub chimed in. "The first demon in history to fall by committing all seven of the deadly sins."

"WHAT!?" Crowley looked at Aziraphale worriedly. "No that's not Aziraphale. Aziraphale would never betray heaven like that. He couldn't have possibly committed all of them? Surely!"

"Well you know what they say, the higher they fly, the harder they fall." Crowley was in a state of panic looking up at Aziraphale who just glared down at him in fury. "Come on Azrael, we need to prepare you for the ascent." Crowley's eyes widened.

"You're not sending him into heaven!? They'll kill him!" Beelzebub smiled.

"He has entire access to hell's power and carries all of the sins of the universe. They couldn't destroy him if God herself tried to smite him." That's when Crowley understood. If Aziraphale had absorbed all of hell's power into himself, he wouldn't have any sense of self left. He'd just be a shell of who his was. Crowley couldn't get his angel back unless he was purified. Crowley sobbed, tears falling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry my Angel. I should've been there for you and I wasn't. I'm so so sorry." Aziraphale rolled his eyes.

"What a pathetic excuse for a demon." He muttered. With that, he and beelzebub walked away, leaving the demon on his hands and knees in the bookshop. His heart was broken. He should've just told his angel how he truly felt that night. Then they might not have fought. They might not have been apart when Aziraphale fell. He might've been able to save him.

"Please," the demon begged. "I've never asked you for anything. But please please God, just bring him back to me. The real him. Please. Please. Please." The demon was falling apart. He had never wanted hell's power, so he had never experienced this completed darkness that Aziraphale was experiencing. But in a small flicker of hope, Crowley remembered the pain he saw in the Angel's eyes. If was all he had, but it was something. It was proof that his angel was still in there. He just had to get through to him.