VIII

Lucy smiled as she twirled about the room, holding her own dress up to her shoulders. I unfolded mine and realized that all of our dresses were the same color, but different styles.

Lucy's was a cute baby doll style with a smooth, long skirt. The top had short sleeves and a high neckline, the fabric was gathered at the edges to give the dress more texture. It was adorable and was perfect for a girl of her age. 

Susan's garment was slimmer and longer. The skirt covered her feet and the sleeves looked like a renaissance style, as the were almost as long as the skirt. It had a lower neckline, but not too low, and accented her figure. There was a belt to tie around the waist as an accessory, which topped off the whole outfit beautifully. 

Finally, I looked at my dress, which seemed slightly less formal than the others. It had a long skirt, like Susan's, but the top was off the shoulder and slightly gathered, like Lucy's but less noticeable. With a small laces to tie into a bow just below the middle of my collar bones. It also came with a small corset that went from just below my chest and ended just above my hip bones. There were laces for detail in the front but it actually cinched in the back. Overall, it was gorgeous and when I looked up from admiring it, I realized I was the only one who hadn't changed. I did so quickly, (With help from Susan to cinch the corset obviously) and did a small spin for Lucy after she adjusted my short sleeves and skirt, making sure everything was perfect. 

I did the same for her and Susan before we turned our attention to our hair. This was Susan's area of expertise, so I sat back and let her work. I asked her to keep it as natural as she could, so she simply brushed it and twirled two strands away from my face and joined them in the back. Pull out some of my baby hairs to accent my face. When she finally allowed me to look my jaw practically hit the floor. 

I had never felt so beautiful in my life. The dress was perfect and flowed whenever I moved, when I twirled the skirt spread out around me fantastically. My hair looked much better than earlier, shining and falling delicately over my shoulders in the usual loose ringlets. 

"You look amazing!" Lucy squealed as she rushed out of Susan's hairstyling chair. Her dark bob was twisted into a similar style to mine except the strands that had been pulled back were braided. "So do you!" I picked Lucy up and spun her around, making her laugh. "That's enough you two, we're going to miss the whole thing if we don't hurry up." Susan had finished her own hair which was in a twisted updo, complete with white flowers. "Wow Su, you look like a queen." I breathed, complimenting her outfit. "Well I should, because I am." Susan laughed and I rolled my eyes as we both took one of Lucy's hands and left the the tent for the night of festivities.

The center of Aslan's camp had been completely transformed. There were six large pillars that created a circle with and even larger one in the middle. All of them were wrapped in flowers and ribbons that were every color you could imagine. Narnians already crowded the outsides of the circle and most had lovely flower crowns that they handed to others and wore on their heads. 

A small faun nervously approached Lucy to give her a bright yellow crown and she calmed him with a warm smile. I placed it on her head delicately and stepped back to admire the girl's beauty. She looked absolutely radiant in the sunlight as she beamed and twirled. Susan was given a crown of light and dark blue flowers by a centaur who seemed more confident than the faun and she allowed him to put it on her. Just like her sister, Susan seemed to glow in the light as she smiled with her new crown. 

Lucy bounced with excitement as more Narnians arrived. I looked for Peter and Edmund, who hadn't shown up quite yet. "They'll be here y/n, stop worrying." Susan joked as I looked over her shoulder once again. As if on cue, Peter and Edmund arrived a few minutes later in their own festival clothes. They wore loose shirts with a teardrop hole just below their collar bones that had a small, loose bow, like mine. The also wore slightly loose pants that looked actually quite comfortable.