III. Lemon: Sweet and Sour

Start from the beginning

"I shouldn't? He seemed genuine to me."

Lemon, for the umpteenth time, sighed in exasperation. How couldn't she know right away? Isn't she supposed to be good at telling people? How did she even survive in her platform this long without telling who's lying to her or not? Even now, visiting his house like this without consent. Moreover, the little pink demon let her in without hesitation. Didn't she even think for a moment she could be at the wrong house. No, more importantly.. She's an acquaintance of Kiwi? And she just indifferently decided to go to their house like this? Questions kept piling up in his mind.

Lemon and (Y/n) aren't even that close.. at all. They've spoken a little and even did some streaming collaborations together, but he didn't think that was enough for them to be called 'close'. Perhaps they were friends, but to meet up like this..

What is this? Is she actually just clumsy?

Berry, after staring in silence for the longest time with his puppy-dog eyes, suddenly clicked his tongue. "Tch, how boring." He dropped his sweet facade and stood up. "Whatever, she's not my type anyway."

"You-!" Lemon attempted to grab his arm, but Berry slapped his hand before he could.

Berry smiled. "Sink-"

"Ah, damn ya!" Lemon cut him off before he could call his little minions. And by that, he meant Berry's cats, Sink and Float. Their favorite scratch post is Lemon, more specifically, his face. That's precisely why he always has bandages on him. Normally, he would keep arguing with Berry, but he would rather avoid looking more of a fool in front of a guest right now.

Quite commendable of him to admit he does look like a fool.

"Where are we going?" (Y/n) asked, admiring the stylish interior as she was dragged by Lemon.

"My room!" he blurted, realizing a bit later she might get the wrong idea and stuttered. "I-It's not what ya think it is! Damn it, I meant my PC r-"

"What else is it?" she said with a raised brow. "I know."

Lemon blushed. Is she messing with him right now or is she simply this clueless? Just when they arrived on the front of his door, he regretted his decision. "Wait a sec. Maybe we should-"

"Oh, this is your setup." she impassively opened the door, letting herself in and sitting down on his gaming chair. She turned, her eyes wandering on the wires scattered about. He had a rather high-tech setup. With a blacklit keyboard, three monitors and a gaming mouse from a pretty known brand.. She could tell even his camera and his microphone are new too. Honestly, it's a lot more amazing in person than seeing it on his office tour. "You have a lot of neon lights.. Doesn't your eyes hurt from it? It's pretty dark in here."

Pretty dark, she says. Of course it is. He pressed the light switch on, confused with the way she's acting. Why is she being so casual? He did think she acted casual too when they first met in game. In fact, she often acted this oblivious. He thought it was just an act, but to actually witness she's like that in person too.. Really, he was speechless.

No, rather. Why is he being so worried? He can just regard her like his gaming friends, or everyone else for that matter, but for some reason, his mind refuses to stop fussing.

"Oy, shouldn't ya have more self-awareness? Why are ya-" he panicked when she suddenly moved his mouse. "Oy, oy!"

His monitor lit up.

At first, her eyes sparkled, then her shoulders slumped in disappointment. "..It's normal, huh." She said, staring at his yellow wallpaper in disappointment.