I. Allen: All I see is you

"He's here too.." 

(Y/n) mumbled to herself, her eyes focused on a particular man with blonde hair and blue eyes. He was pushing a cart filled with books to rearrange, had on a dark blue apron, and nameplate that spelled his name 'Allen' . She watched him from a distance, with a book about cats covering half of her face as she peeked at him through the bookshelves. She wasn't stalking, not at all - or so she wants to believe.

Allen was a college senior of hers. She'd often seen him - well, almost everywhere. She was certain there was no one in the campus who didn't know the sweet boy, especially as he always reached a hand to help. He had helped her once too, that's how she met him.

It wasn't what anyone would call a fateful encounter. In fact, it was quite normal. Her keychain broke, fell to the ground and he was there to give it back to her.

That, if you also add the fact that he chased her for at least 5 kilometers before he managed to catch up to her on foot.

To make the story short, she was completely baffled that someone like him exists.

Who chases a person that long just for a single - and mind you - flower keychain?

"Ah, I just thought it could be important to you." he smiled, wiping the sweat that rolled down his chin. He's still exhausted from running, she could tell. "My sister also has something like that.. I was worried."

After that, he looked at his watch and scurried off in a hurry.

Her interest should've ended there. In fact, she shouldn't even be this interested at all. However, just as she had almost forgotten his existence, she found him again. In a cafe, wearing the frilliest apron she'd ever seen on a man and serving customers with a smile so bright she thought she'd gone blind.

Now, she'd say it didn't suit him - but she'd be lying. Truth be told, she believed one of the reasons why there were so many customers was because he's around.

This kind of encounter went on and on.

Allen was, in the most straightforward way to describe, everywhere. To the point that she wanted to believe she was going crazy instead. Why does he have so many jobs? What is he earning money for? All the curiosity piled up and, before she knew it, her thoughts were flooded with him.

Just like right now, while he's working part-time at the library.

She sighed, leaning her forehead on the table as she raised the book on the back of her head. Can this be considered stalking? She didn't even know he was there. It was purely out of coincidence so what is she feeling so guilty for?

"Are you tired?"

The sudden familiarity of the voice made her jolt in alarm.

In an instant, as soon as she looked up, mesmerizing blue eyes locked with hers.

"H-Huh..? I'm.." she inhaled, composing herself. "Yeah, I guess I'm just a bit tired.."

She internally cursed. He's not there to confront her, is he? She always seems to be around during his working hours, she wouldn't be surprised if he felt uneasy and decided he had enough.

Again, she's feeling guilty over something she's not doing on purpose.

Allen blinked, as if realizing something. "Oh..! Sorry, you're trying to take a break, right? I think it was your exams last week." He said, laughing softly. "Sorry if I bothered you."

Like that, it's as if a huge boulder was lifted off her shoulders.

So that was it. (Y/n) sighed in relief. She was honestly readying herself to be accused of a crime she didn't commit. Fortunately, it seems she's only being paranoid. Perhaps he never noticed her around after all. In a way, it felt kind of lonesome. But then again, he was working. How could he have time to look and memorize every face around him?

(Y/n) lightly shook her head, smiling softly. "No, it's okay. You're not bothering me at all." Placing her book down, she relaxed. "I was just.."

She trailed off.

(Y/n) was so caught up on thinking about her so-called crime that she overlooked what his statement meant.

"How did you.." she looked at him, confusion written all over her face. How did he know she just had her exams? Does he know her? No, maybe he has a friend who's in the same class as her?

Is she overthinking it again?

Allen blushed, his cheeks tinting in a soft pink as he raised a fist to his mouth.

"I'm sorry.. You don't even know me, that must've been a surprise." the red tint on his cheeks crawled up to his ears. "Somehow, I just always see you.." He said in a small voice. "It's hard for me not to notice.."

Now, normally, one would treat this as incredibly strange - too strange to be considered a coincidence. However, as someone who experienced it first-hand with the man who's literally just everywhere, she couldn't help but feel flustered.

Is he saying his gaze is just.. unconsciously drawn to her?

(Y/n) averted her gaze, hiding her smiling lips with the book.

Truly, how can someone be this adorable?

"..Can I stay here until your shift ends?" she asked.

At the question, Allen's entire face flushed in red.

"I'll.." he fiddled with his apron. "I don't want to make you wait.."

She closed her eyes, finding a hard time to contain her smile. To think he's been noticing her as much as she was with him.. Really, what kind of drama is this?

Opening the book, once more, she smiled up at his flustered state.

"I'll wait."

Like that, he smiled bashfully.

She hoped to know more about him.

..This man who smiles as bright as the sun.