Evangelion 3.33: Reborn Part 3

Beginne am Anfang

"It's spreading. And at an extremely rapid rate in cellular level." Ritsuko said. "What would you have us do right now?" Misato asked for directions, wanting to retaliate as soon as possible. Ritsuko makes several inferences that since the Angel can be seen spreading and not completely invisible to only being seen with microscopic devices, it can probably be contained and isolated while having some systems shut off as soon as possible, wherever the Angel spreads in a direction closest to nearby electronics and stations.

"Understood." Misato glanced down at the technicians. "Shut down all inner doors, vents and electric currents! Deactivate the network branch in the Central Complex except the ship's Magi System and have everyone in that area evacuate to that area! We're closing everything off down there to quarantine the Angel."

"Understood ma'am." Shigeru and Makoto proceeded to type in the commands while some other personnel member turned in the speakers across the ship and warned all refugee citizens, they rescued from Europe several weeks ago, to evacuate to their assigned rooms and move hastily in an orderly fashion. With another member warning only the personnel and guards in the Central Area of the Wunder to evacuate to the center of the ship, that being the Magi System below the N2 reactor.

As citizens rushed to their apartments with soldiers guiding the way and workers in the central area, calmly making their way to the Heart of the Ship, which was a giant ball-like room with only a few platforms that led to the center. A giant liquid-bubbly like core with the N2 reactor inside shedding bright pink light in the room, with the Magi System placed right beneath it on another floor.

That was when the Angel, seen spreading in some halls where the personnel are running, suddenly shut the doors between both halls for a small group of soldiers and engineers. Before the air shafts opened wide, releasing a green gas into the room and forcing them to inhale it. They violently coughed while some did their best to hold their breath, but eventually were forced to breathe it in and died instantly from the mustard gas.
"We lost 6 people in Hall 66A, 1B!"
"They were murdered from our bioweapon defenses hacked from the Angel within the ventilations!"
"Dammit!" Misato slammed her fist on a metal board. "People are already dying because of this thing! Ritsuko! Have you figured out how to beat this thing or what!?"

"I don't have an answer yet! It's only spreading and taking over everything it touches as fast as it can. Whatever happens next, just send in a reaction and close down whatever it tries to control next. I'll get back to you with an answer as soon as I can." Ritsuko cuts off her call short with Misato, leaving her slightly furious.

"Damn her, we don't have time for her shenanigans right now!" Misato expressed her frustrations towards Ritsuko, trying to contain her anger and take the loss of lives calmly while they're in a dangerous battle with an Angel stowed away on board. She decided to call out the next order and had the ventilations in that area shut down immediately as well, anything that connects the Central Complex to the entire ship to be shut down and locked tight as soon as possible.

"But Commander! They would only have 7 minutes left before they run out of air! They'll suffocate if we don't stop it in time!" Maya warned the commander.
"Do we have access to the ventilation system?" Misato asked.
"Yes ma'am. But only for 2 minutes and 20 seconds before it reaches the primary vent tunnels."
"Then get more air in there. We're closing all of the air shafts to prevent it from spreading in 20 seconds."

Inside several halls, door after door slid shut together and were tightly sealed. Air shafts slammed downward to close up any air, fans being shut down as they began to slow their spins in some areas outside of the N2 Reactor room. But the Angel continued to spread, moving to other areas after failing to penetrate into the closed air shafts and doors.