III. Dance The Night Away

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"That's because you had those murderous corsets." Miracle responded.

"And the heels, and the long, heavy skirts. I'm honestly glad that sweatpants were created." Olivia said as she walked further and joined Miracle's side with a box in hand.

"Here." Olivia said, holding up a medium-sized black velvet box towards her.

"What's this?" Miracle asked as she took the box into her arms and opened it, revealing a stunning crown enriched with tons of shimmering red diamonds.

"Holy crap, Ollie. This looks amazing." Miracle muttered, completely enchanted by the crown as she ran her fingertips among the smooth, glassy texture of the diamonds.

"It's the crown of the Thorne women. Ver wore it at her first ball as a Thorne. Then when Parker and I came and joined the family, she gave it to me on my first ball with them." Olivia explained, shrugging her shoulders after. "It's only fitting that I pass it onto you since it's your first ever ball tonight."

Miracle continued to look at the crown in awe before she looked back at her sister.

"Thank you, Ollie." She said.

The blonde Thorne smiled sweetly at her younger sister before she responded.

"Come on, I'll help you put it on." Olivia said, taking the box and the crown in her hands before she neatly placed it on top of Miracle's head, fastening it to her hair so that it won't go flying because knowing Miracle, she's not a very graceful girl.

The crown looked beautiful on Miracle and it went well with everything that she had on. It seemed as though the crown was the cherry on top of a sundae.

"I look like a princess

"I look like a princess." Miracle mumbled while stared at herself in the mirror, taking in the foreign reflection of herself in such an elegant image.

"I beg to differ." Olivia said. "You look like a queen."

Miracle finally ripped her gaze away from her reflection and towards her sister as they both smiled.

Soon enough, Sebastian and Parker joined them and escorted them downstairs along with Armand and Veronica.

The enormous ballroom of the Thorne Manor was already packed with guests in their own beautiful gowns and tuxedos. They couldn't help but gawk at how amazing the place was. It was wide-spaced and the ceilings were incredibly high as a shining chandelier hung on it on every room there is to see in the mansion. This mansion exceeded everyone's expectations by a million.

Walking into the ballroom filled with their beloved guests, Miracle had her arm linked with Sebastian's, as did Veronica with Armand, and Olivia with Parker.

A microphone was given to the head of the family as he took a glass of champagne on his other hand.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to ask everyone to raise a glass." Armand announced into the microphone.