"Save your money, I never really had good memories for my birthday anyways. So I never celebrated it. So next time, no gift." I laugh and pull away from him, sitting sideways in my seat so I can face him.

"I usually celebrate mine with Tendou. He always makes an effort to make me have fun. So I will do the same for you. For this birthday, and every other birthday for the rest of your life, I will be sure to be there to celebrate with you." He gives a small smile and I chuckle.

"You're so cute." I admit, leaning over and resting my head on his shoulder.

~

The rest of the wait until we could board the plane was long. But the actual flight was longer. We had leg room, so thank god it wasn't that bad, but my body still feels stiff even as we get off the plane.

Ushijima let me have the window seat, and fortunately the plane wasn't full so we had the entire row to ourselves. I was kind of glad some random stranger wasn't going to be sitting next to him. He insisted on taking multiple pictures of me, and of the two of us together. He said he wanted to remember this.

I admit, though the ride was excruciatingly long, it was also fun due to Ushijima. He was like a little boy, and did everything he could to make me enjoy myself and made sure I wasn't bored.

"LAX." I try saying in an American accent.

"Oh, I never even asked you. Do you speak English well?" He asks as we wait for our luggage.

"I think so, they make us study English in every agency I've been too. Other languages too, though English is the main one." I nod and he smiles.

"Good." He says and our bags come towards us. He grabs them, refusing to let me carry my own bag, and we start to walk to the airport entrance and exits.

"My father will be picking us up." He says and I nod, looking around at all the stores as we walk through the airport. Being in California now feels so surreal.

"I can't believe we're here!" I say excitedly. There's even a lot of Asian people here, I only expected to see white people. This is cool!

Though, as we reach the place where people are waiting for their families, the people become more diverse. African Americans, Asians from different parts of the worlds, white people, people speaking languages I don't know. There's so many different shades of skin tones here. I let out a breath, eyes wide in amazement.

You don't see this in Japan.

"America is so cool!" I gush.

"Oh, there's my father." Ushijima says and points. I look in that direction and see a man, shorter than Ushijima, holding up a sign.

'Japans Number One Ace, Welcome!' It reads in Japanese. In small lettering underneath is also says 'and friend!' I laugh, looking up at my boyfriend.

"Did he know I was coming?" I ask and he nods.

"I told him I was bringing someone with me. I didn't say what your relationship was with me, or that you are a girl, because I wanted to do a formal introduction in person." He says and I nod, kind of nervous because of that.

We walk over to him, and I see some people giving us looks. What's going on in their heads? Maybe they're staring because we're tall. But there's lots of people around our heights here. Maybe it's because Ushijima is muscular. Maybe they're staring because he's a tall, muscular, Asian man. Yes. That must be why.

"Hello father." Ushijima bows and I do the same.

"Wakatoshi-Kun, hello. You didn't say you were bringing a girl." He says and bows. He then envelopes his taller son into a hug, before moving on to me and shaking my hand.