"I was wondering why you didn't get more excited when I asked. I just thought maybe my personality was rubbing off on you." He jokes, I think?

"Ushijima. Is this a dream?" I ask, and nervousness mixed with excitement floods through my body.

I'm in an airport right now. I'm about to be on a long ass plane ride, with my boyfriend, and we're going to California? America??

"No, it is real life. Are you mad? You used my last name." He frowns and I turn to him. I pinch myself but I'm still here.

"Oh shit." I say, blinking at him and ignoring his question.

"Please refrain from cursing." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Wakatoshi," I grab his arm. "We're fucking going to California?" I ask in disbelief.

"If you keep cursing, I'm going to have to punish you." He says lowly and my eyes widen in shock.

"Whoaaa!" I release my hold on him and lean back. "What was that?" I ask. He has never said something like that before, I'm getting excited for this trip.

"Did you like it?" He asks, perking up. "I didn't think you'd be the type for this kind of thing, but Tendou said I should try it out. Okay then, I guess if you like it I'll go along. You have a time out as your punishment." He says and my shoulders drop. I lean forward to bury my face in his shoulder, hiding my embarrassment.

"Tendou didn't go over the punishment part, did he?" I ask, defeated.

"Just the phrase." He confirms, and pats my back.

"Let's forget about that." I suggest. "I am definitely not into time outs." A pout forms onto my face as I cross my arms.

"Ah, I knew it. I also thought it was very odd." He nods and I burst out laughing. How cute, Ushijima is so cute.

"We're going to California!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up into the air like a little kid.

"Yes, we are." He nods. I basically throw myself at him and wrap my arms around him tightly.

"This is insane! Holy shi- cow! Holy cow!" I really don't want a time out. Who ever thinks that you can say something as hot as that and then immediately follow up with a time out? Tsk. I'm grown! "Wakatoshi, I feel like we're running away together. It's kind of scary."

"Hm? I guess it kind of does feel like that huh? Ah, I'm getting excited now." He says, contradicting his blank expression. He holds me close to him and I grin.

"Why is your father overseas anyways?" I ask.

"He's the training coach for the Irvine Polar Bears." He answers and I nod.

"Irvine. We're going to Irvine California!" I quietly squeal and I feel Ushijima chuckle.

"You're so cute." He smiles. "Oh, and your birthday is landing on a day we'll be out there right? In two days? I brought a gift for you, but you can't have it until then." He says and I look up at him.

"Oh? You don't have to give me anything. You're already giving me the greatest gift." I smile, excited to say my cheesy line.

"What? What's that?" He tilts his head in confusion.

"You!" I grin, leaning up and pecking his lips.

"O-Oh..." A light blush covers his cheeks and he looks away from me for a moment. "If you like me that much, then this present I'm sure you'll love." He smiles down at me and I chuckle.

"Next time, you don't have to get me anything." I smile and he frowns.

"But you got me something." He points out. "And we had only known each other for 5 days. I've known you for what's going to be 5 months now. I wanted to get you something nice."