Five years later | Return

Start from the beginning

With a sigh I put my hat back on. I continued walking the streets of London and went into a building to the restroom. I stood in the toilet, flushing myself down, I appeared in the Ministry's floo system. I held onto my hat, hoping it wouldn't fly off.

I walked out of the fireplace, looking around to see the place I was supposed to work. I kept my head down, bumping into someone I didn't know at the time was there for bad purposes. I walked to the elevator, pressing the button for Harley's floor. Walking into the curse breaker department, I found Harley's office.

I knocked and walked in, greeted by my cousins smiling face.

"You made it!" He hugged me immediately.

"I did, but we need to hurry. I ran into a situation on the streets." I grimaced.

"Someone saw you?"

"Uh...yeah, Astoria Greengrass did." I scratched the back of my head nervously.

Harley got what I was saying and we rushed to the girls office. Her name was Celeste Williams, and I knocked and waited for her answer. I went in with Harley, who she greeted nicely. She was really pretty with curly hair and skin as dark as toffee.

"Harley, did you bring me a client?" She smiled.

Harley closed the door behind us, "Yeah, something like that."

I took off my hat, causing her to gasp. My photo had been in the paper as a memoriam for all the kids who lost their life in the battle. No doubt she saw me from that.

"Look, I need your help getting rid of my magic. My extra abilities, like you." I whispered.

"I-I can't help you with that, I'm in enough dan-"

The glass shattered and flew everywhere. Harley tackled me to the ground and Celeste got under her desk. I looked up to see a man in a suit looking down at Harley and I. He had his hands on his hips and he had completely torn off the door.

"Where is Celeste?" he asked. "You led me straight to her, now I need to borrow her."

I glared at him, "Are you barking mad! Wait in line like a normal person."

"This coming from a witch. Maybe I should be clear...I'm not a normal person." His eyes went dark with veins appearing around his eyes. He opened his mouth to reveal fangs.

No vampire I read about looked like him.

"May I ask what the hell you want with her?"

He glared at me, "That is none of your concern."

Celeste stood up from her hiding spot. Her hands were up in surrender and she glared at the man.

"What do you want Elijiah? I'm no longer a witch of the French quarter." She said.

"That may be so, but as of right now...my brother has sent me for your head. So it shall be your head, seeing as my brother Niklaus is not a patient man, nor a merciful one."

He moved quickly to her, strangling her. His eyes went dark again and he bit her neck. She screamed and kicked, her body going limp as her blood was drained from her completely. He turned back to us and wiped his mouth.