twelve

DONGHEE POV

i stuck around with ningning for the next few days, waiting to be attacked by jeewon. as expected, we were pulled away to the car park on friday, the time when the rest had extra lessons. not exactly part of the plan.

"everyone, these two framed us!" chaesol kept announcing as jeewon pushed us to the ground. i prayed that giselle had a backup plan and was watching us now, but that was unlikely. semi threw a few kicks at us while jeewon continued, "don't believe them. they're just chasing clout!"

crowds of students gathered around us and watched jeewon silently. "are you sure you're not the one chasing clout? even haechan mentioned you already," someone finally retorted. i was relieved hearing someone stand up for me. "you can get beaten up together, then," seline snorted. "i won't. i believe haechan's sister! it's obvious that you're assaulting her now," the person yelled again. he was hidden behind the crowds so no one could see him. there were people who began to take sides and film it, but jeewon shouted, "stop filming! i'll get exposed!"

suddenly, the attention was driven elsewhere. there were a few cheers before the atmosphere dropped into a dangerous silence. upon the sight, jeewon's eyes widened and she was stunned. cameras were turned to the other direction. donghyuck pushed through the crowd, followed by annoying sasaengs, to the front and sauntered up to jeewon. 

"you were framed?" he asked coldly. "y-yes i was!" jeewon kept lying. 

"you're already so exposed, how are you still lying?"

"i'm not!"

"where's your proof? on our side we have more."

"i-"

"shut up with your explanations. what did my sister ever do so wrong, huh?"

the crowd gasped, realising that i was in fact his sister. "what? why are y'all so surprised?" donghyuck said, "she is my sister. how could you believe such a pathetic liar who had no proofs?" jeewon was fuming, "i'm not pathetic! my parents can sue you!"

"sue me, then. what matters is that everyone knows what you really have done and that the innocent ones are unharmed."

"you," she turned to the sasaengs, "you brought him here, didn't you?"

"they didn't. but i hate them as well. don't you ever think that you can just follow me around like that. you're not our fans." donghyuck was literally yelling at them, which made them leave the scene and back away. then he turned back to jeewon and threw a punch at her. "how does it feel? i'm here watching my own sister look like a prisoner, that's how i feel. you feel it double," he hissed as he continued punching her. 

i got up with the remaining strength i had to stop him, and he did. "you'll hear from my lawyers," a beaten-up jeewon said. "and you'll hear from the police," donghyuck retorted. at that moment, giselle emerged from the school building and stopped all of us. "before you all go," she began, "here's a little bit of footage. we'll see what park jeewon has to say about it. everyone go take a look at my blog page."

i looked as well. there was the footage of jeewon harassing me and ningning in the hallway from a week ago. it was followed by a video with dim lighting, in the forestation behind the school. "i'll kill them myself..." "take them away..." jeewon's plan rang out through our phones, one by one. 

i looked up at jeewon who looked furious, but defeated. "you imbecile. heartless. you tried to kill them?" donghyuck ran towards jeewon, throwing a punch in her face.

"it had to be done, since they ruined our lives by making you expose us."

"no, it didn't. and the didn't make me do it. i did it myself."

"they exposed us."

"why did you even try to harm them in the first place? were you mad that they're related to me? even so, so what? i'm just a human, what's so special?"

"i-"

"you sasaengs are so stupid! i'm a human too, y'know? being famous is just my job. i breathe, eat, sleep, and all, just like you. i'm not any better. park jeewon, you have been harassing them, haven't you?"

jeewon stayed quiet. "did you?" donghyuck bellowed. she finally gave in and nodded. "okay, everyone who's watching this clip, there you are. park jeewon is indeed guilty of it. thank you for your time. i will be taking my sister home now."