Nicole didn't know that all Drake had felt for Scarlett had been lust, if Drake had loved her he would have never tried to attack her like he had.

"And so, I feel that it is my fault why he is dead, if I hadn't told him to go maybe he would still be alive," she said, bursting into tears.

"Nicole, that day Drake came to the house...he not only tried to confess how he felt...he," Scarlett took a deep breath. She wanted to confess to her face to face, to at least put her mind at ease and her own. The family had known of his disastrous attack but not all of it.

"What is it?" Nicole asked fear gripping her.

"Well, we all know that he tried to...v-violate me and in my defense I hit him over the head with an oil lamp and...it was I who killed him," she confessed, her hands trembled violently as she let the words linger in the air. Nicole stared at Scarlett covering her mouth in shock. Her clear blue eyes fill with another round of tears and her face broke in emotional pain.

"Scarlett, I'm so sorry," she whispered. Her body trembled and her eyes rolled to the back of her head, Nicole dropped to the ground. The loud thud was loud enough to be heard by the others. The rest of the girls walked in rushing over to aid Scarlett who struggled to place Nicole on the bed.

Within minutes she came to, her eyes fighting to fully open.

"What happened?" Larisa asked, alarm rang in her eyes as she addressed the situation.

"Nothing at all dear sister, I merely feel a headache coming on," Nicole suddenly said.

"Are you feeling alright?" Mia asked placing a cloth over her head.

"I'm fine, I just need some air," she nervously chuckled placing her hand over her forehead.

They questioned them no further, Nicole and Scarlett stared at one another as if coming to an agreement to never speak of it to anyone. She just wanted her life with Dathan to begin she did not need the memory of Drake invading the happiest moment of her life.

***

Dathan stood at the front of the altar waiting for his bride. As the melody being played on the piano rang loud and clear he felt his palms sweat. His heart thundered as he turned to watch the love of his life slowly make her way down the isle. Scarlett dressed in a beautiful white dress, the white long tail dragging behind her representing her honor. Time stopped as he looked at her shy walk to his side and finally take his hand. Words of love and honor were spoken and the priest went on to speak of union and fidelity.

"And do you Dathan Baltazar Heart take this woman to be you lawfully wedded wife?" he asked.

"I do," he proudly accepted, his hands gripping her own as she in return replied the same.

"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," he announced.

Gently he lifted the delicate veil over her and presses his lips to hers, sealing the marriage. They both remained in each other's arms as the crowd cheered and clapped proudly.

Taking her hand he led her out the church with a proud smile upon his face.

"Our life begins." He whispered into her ear as they descended the stone steps.

***

Their wedding night had finally come, and Dathan stared at his newly wed bride with desire and love. With passion and tenderness did he take Scarlett into his arms that night. She in returned allowed every caress and tender touch.

With every kiss and touch he gave her, he poured his love into it. Dathan was lost for words as he made love to his wife. His mind was muddled as he grew lost in her skin and curves. He was a different man but for the best as the pleasure and love he felt that night made him drunk with desire.

Scarlett reacted to his touch in a shy and curious manner. She was new to it yet her body reacted as if it was a natural instinct. Before long she was able to grow past the pain and enjoy an intimate moment with her husband.

***

The morning rays of the sun spilled into their small comfy room as they both lay in each other's arms. His warmth was so comforting and her touch was very tempting. He laid there holding her so close and lightly brushed his fingers over her body, he remembered the way he had kissed every inch of it last night. The way she responded to his touch with whimpers then moans, he laid there rerunning the way they had made love last night. It had been the best thing that had ever happened to him, every memory of the past ones forgotten.

She had made him burn hard with fire, made him respond like he had never had. He could never recall speaking so passionately to anyone the way he had spoken to her with such truth. He watched her sleep, watched the way her night gown gently slid down one shoulder as her hair sprawled over her pillow in thick ringlets of brown. And with a tender kiss upon her temple did she finally wake.

When her eyes fluttered open her cheeks grew red and she pulled the covers over her head. Laughter escaped him as he pulled her from under the covers. Bashfully she snuggled into his chest refusing to look upon him.

"How are we this morning?" He asked, as he playfully tried prying her arms from around her face.

She shook her head as a reply and he in return tried scooting away so that she could look at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked, a smile on his face.

"I can't..I am feeling a bit bashful." she muttered.

"For?" He said, gently succeeding in pulling her hands away.

A smile played on her lips as she lifted her gaze to look upon him. It was evident to see that she was feeling a bit shy about last night bit he was not surprised in the least.

"I love you...and know that nothing will ever change that. What we shared last night was merely the way a man and his wife demonstrate the way they feel for one another." he explained.

She nodded and scooted closer to his side wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. "I love you too." she replied.

Soon they would be off to their new home and the sooner they rose off the bed the faster they would get to start their life under a big grand mansion Dathan and purchased a little away from the city. They resided for the moment in her home, where it would become a place where they would stow off to for vacation purposes. He would make certain to upgrade and alter a few things. He planned on it becoming a vacation home for his children and them.

Once everything was packed and they arrived, he walked behind her wrapping a silky light blue cloth around her eyes. She laughed to feel him do this, placing a tender kiss to her cheek he asked her not to peek and follow his lead. Taking her hand he pulled her to the back yard and slowly unwrapped the cloth from her eyes.

"It's all yours," he whispered.

Scarlett opened her eyes only to shut them and smile at the glimpse of the grand garden in front of her. Her eyes teared and she slowly took a step forward, taking in the grand beauty of the garden. The most breath taking piece of art lied in the center of the garden. Her very own white marbled fountain with the word's etched on the side grand and beautiful for all to see read; To the love of my life, Scarlett Heart. Words could not explain the emotions that she felt as she wept out of joy.

"Do you love it?" he asked, while taking her into his arms

"I love it," she whispered.

"I will love you for as long as I have an ounce of breath in me Scarlett Heart," he whispered in a promise.

And so was the tale of their heart break and love. Dathan Heart became a devoted father of two beautiful twin daughters whom they named, Catherine Elena Heart and Rose Anna Heart, in honor of their lost friend. A son was later born to the Heart family proudly named after his father.

Generation after generation went on to have a family and the Heart bloodline remained alive to this day. Scarlett and Dathan's story of romance and heart ache became a traditional tale told amongst the generations of females in the family. A tale told while sitting down on Scarlett very own garden and fountains edge with a rose in hand.

The End.
----------------------->
Continue for a Surprise!