Chapter Thirty-Three: Zoey

Start from the beginning

Mia released a loud sigh, probably fed up with this show we've all been putting up, "Avery, can you come with me to the restroom please?"

An excuse to get away from this table? Yes please, "Sure."

However, I've been friends with Mia for a long time and whenever she spoke in that tone, I was a hundred percent sure that she had no intentions going on the toilet. So what we did do was go into the restroom and once she made sure we were alone, she turned back and crossed her arms in front of her chest, "What are we doing?"

"Making sure Zoey doesn't make a horrible decision by falling for that rat Christian," I answered her straight up without even beating around the bush, "Well, fall harder than she already has anyways."

"So you're meddling?" she raised a brow.

"No!" I immediately exclaimed. After what transpired between Sasha and I, meddling was the last thing I wanted to do, "You don't see me shoving myself between them to get them separated, but I just don't like him for her. He's going to cheat on her and ruin her friendship with Lauren."

"And how do you know this?"

Oh because I traveled to the future and met this older version of Leon who told me all about these things.

This would have been much more simpler if she knew all of this time travel shit but that was just another headache to explain, "I've heard some things about him."

While she didn't fully believe me, she gestured for me to go on. Something I gratefully did, "I don't necessarily want her to be with another guy, I just don't want her to end up with him specifically. He's not good for her and you know I can't bear to see her get hurt."

She placed her hands back down onto her sides and with another sigh, she shook her head, "I know where you're coming from but I think the best learning experience is to truly let her go through with it all – the flirting, the relationship, and even the possible heartbreak. Then at the end of it all, be there for a shoulder to lean on."

But I didn't want her to go through it because I knew first hand how painful it was. The days leading up to the break up between Pat and I was gruesome for my mind, everyday seemed like a ticking time bomb and a never ending nightmare.

Although I knew the point Mia was trying to make. Zoey, no matter how beautiful and good-hearted she was, never had a boyfriend before. She was more averse to relationships than I was and I know that it would be good if she experiences it.

Yet I had to think of how traumatic it might be for her if the first relationship she does enter would end in tears.

"I hate it when you're right," I huffed, but it was obviously a joke.

She dropped the whole sassy act and her tone dialed down, "You know, I am rather jealous of you."

"What?" my eyes widened because we all know what happened the last time a friend of mine said they were jealous.

Though from the way she showed no frustrations or annoyance, I knew I was in the clear, "You have Leon and even if your relationship moved so fast, all pieces fit so perfectly. He likes you as much as you like him, you have your own little bubble, and you aren't on edge that he might leave you for another girl any second because you are so confident that he's loyal to his feelings for you."

It only seemed like we were moving fast because they only get to see this timeline. What they didn't know was that a day for them could literally be a whole week for us.

"I want that kind of relationship too, you know?" she finished.

"You'll find one too, just give it time," I reassured, "It took me a few failed relationships before I got to him but the wait was worth it. We met in middle school and took us years before we even became friends."