Going Outside of Time

It was a clear sunny evening of August in 2008. The long shadows of tall Kikars created a dim passage on the ground of our home. I had walked on it to my fill. I rushed forth to the middle room of our house; held some small magnetic rims in my hand which were obtained from small speakers of stuff toys. I sat on a wooden bed which was placed under a large shelf divided into three parts. I had arranged these magnets in the shape of a hollow cylinder in the empty corner of the shelf. I detached one magnet from the cylinder and curiously watched it repelled by the large collection. Suddenly, it started rolling clockwise with the cylinder and I fell from the bed without making a slight move in my limbs.

Having recovered from the slight pain, I found myself out of my house. But there were no houses nearby. All I saw were fields beautified by the same Kikars as were present in our lodgings. Birds were usually singing in merry. I was horrified by finding no family member near me. "Ami, ami! Take me home!", cried at my lung's top. On seeing a child of nine years bitterly crying for his home, I felt a strong hand on my head. "Don't cry, grandpa, you're in your Pakki." said the voice of a tall boy who looked 25, healthy and articles of agriculture were loaded on his back. "What, me? your grandfather?" I asked him whose face looked alien to me, with a shrinking voice. "It will sound strange to you Asad jee, but you're my great-great-grandfather. I have inherited some DNA from you. " replied he, cheerfully.

"It means it is no 2008?"

"No, sir. It's 2793. "

"But I was just playing with magnets. That is my usual everyday activity. "

"You might have arranged these magnets in a specific set that may have changed your time-space from 2008 to 2793. "

"Ohh, will I have to live in this time-space? I want to go home back into my time! "

"I don't know whether you'll be able to return back or not? I'll talk to our thinker whether you can go back or you'll stay with us. In this hour, why not visit this town with me?"

"I cannot walk on my own. Neither can I see well in the sunshine. " But I noticed something very strange in my body. It was a different level of strength that I never felt before. I was not only able to maintain my balance but also could see distant objects sharp without being bombarded with dazzling sunlight. I shouted with joy, "I can see beyond my eyesight! This is a miracle! I can eye a poll standing at 500 meters! "

"It is no miracle, grandfather, you are now a node. " he answered. "What is a node?" I inquired. "Instead of building expensive communicatory infrastructure, " he gave a long summary, "we have utilized our biological power to establish a mobile phone like connection. But it is far more superior than mobile phones or smartphones of your era. We can communicate through the pulses of our minds. Instead of using screens to see each other, we use our eyes to broadcast a realistic or surrealistic scenery to others. We ear to send a hearable signal. But being a node is not about communications, it makes us powerful enough to alter our inborn-limitations into an exhibition of our ability. You can see beyond your limited eyesight because of tapping my fingers on your head. That's how we turn others into nodes. "