The Bodyguard

Lucifer and Chloe have just finished up a case and are starting to do the paperwork, well Chloe is doing paperwork and Lucifer is watching. That's usually how things go after a case is solved; the exciting part is over but the boring paperwork still has to be done and Lucifer is not about boring paperwork. While fidgeting with his office chair to pass the time, he notices a man who has just come out of the elevator. This man is looking around, notices Lucifer, and starts to walk towards him.

"Detective, will you excuse me for a moment."

Lucifer quickly gets up and walks over to this man so that he doesn't talk to Chloe. Her eyes follow him to where he's walking and land on the man from the elevator. All of a sudden panic fills her mind. This is the man she has been investigating for months for stalking her. She knows he is stalking her, but doesn't have enough evidence to prove it or get a judge to sign a restraining order. Is Lucifer working with him? Is that why he wanted to work with her for the LAPD?
She can't tell exactly the words they are exchanging but from their faces and hand motions, she can tell they are arguing about something. Lucifer says something, the man agrees, then they go their separate ways.

"Sorry about that. Paperwork just about done?" Lucifer is eager to get back to his penthouse.
"Lucifer, who was that?"
"Oh, no one special."

Chloe pauses for a moment, unable to figure out if he's joking or what.
"Can I talk to you for a minute?" She motions to the empty interrogation room.
"Yes. That is what we are doing... is it not?" He looks around as if he's just caught on to her joke.
"Privately?"
"Oooooh, detective. You read my mind." He turns around and quickly walks towards the interrogation room, with Chloe following not too far behind.

The door shuts and Lucifer begins to unbutton his shirt.
"Lucifer, no!" He looks up confused. Is this not what she meant by talk privately? "Who was that man?"
"Detective, I told you..."
"Lucifer!" Chloe interrupts him, impatience in her voice. "You need to be completely honest with me!"
"Always detective." He can see something is not right. She looks almost scared, but why?
"Who was he?" She stares at him, pleading for him to tell her the truth about how he knows the man who has been stalking her.
"The truth is... he's my bodyguard." Lucifer is hesitant to say it. Over the past six months, he has been trying to tell her and everyone else that he is the King of Safinsa. But, no one believes him. They think he is making it all up to get attention. I mean, who would believe the King of a foreign county working with the LAPD? That sounds like the storyline to a bad TV sitcom.

Chloe can't deal with Lucifer's nonsense right now. She starts pacing the room and getting really flustered. "Lucifer! Enough with your 'I'm the King of blah blah blah' That man has been stalking me for months!"
Lucifer looks at her with worry but that soon changes to laughter. He smiles at her and begins to chuckle.
Oh now she's getting mad. Is he really going to laugh at her while she is starting to have a nervous breakdown? "This isn't funny, Lucifer!"
"Just...hold on." He leaves the room and makes a phone call. Meanwhile Chloe is questioning her sanity. A few minutes pass and Lucifer comes back in the room. Chloe is sitting at the table but gets up real fast when she sees the man from the elevator enter behind Lucifer.
"Lucifer, what are you doing?"
"Detective. Meet Rodney... my bodyguard." He motions to the man and smiles at the detective. Chloe just stares at him, unsure what to think about the current situation.
"Nice to meet you detective." He reaches out for a handshake, Chloe shakes his hand, but isn't too sure about it. She looks him up and down, then at Lucifer, and back at the man.

"You wanna tell me why you have been stalking me for the past few months?" A true detective gets right to the point, no dilly dallying. She wants answers and she is going to get them one way or another.

"Well ma'am... I haven't. I have been following His... Mr. Morningstar."
"Really? Then can you explain why I have seen you everywhere I go for the past six months? Always lurking around cases and following me home." Chloe is still unsure about him. She looks at Lucifer again who is looking back at her waiting for her reaction.

"Let me ask you this. Have you ever noticed me following you when Mr. Morningstar isn't with you?" Chloe has to pause for a minute. Come to think of it, no, she's only ever noticed him when she's with Lucifer.
"I guess not."
"See!" Lucifer is excited Chloe might actually be catching on. She glares at him and then looks back at Rodney.
"But, why were you following Lucifer?"
"I told you! He's my bodyguard!" Chloe puts her hand up to Lucifer's face to try and get him to be quiet. Lucifer grabs her hand and holds it.
"You're really his bodyguard?"
"Yes ma'am."
"So you really believe he's..."
"The King of Safinsa."
"Yes."
"Yes I do. Because it's true." Lucifer tugs on her hand to get her to look at him.

"See!" He motions to Rodney as if to say 'I told you so'.
"You could have easily bribed him. Did he bribe you?"
"No ma'am." Lucifer is shocked. How could she think he would ever do something like that.
"Come on, detective. What is it going to take for you to believe me? You know what... I have to make a quick trip back home for a few days. Why don't you come with me and see for yourself."
"Lucifer, I can't just leave work and go to your imaginary kingdom!" She can't believe he is actually suggesting both of them leave work with no notice.
"Sure you can. I'll make a call. Come on, you want proof... proof awaits."
She looks at him and can't help but smile. He is trying so hard to get her to believe him crazy story.

"What about Trixie?" Oh yes, the detective's offspring. She has grown quite fond of Lucifer over the past six months. In reality, it goes both ways; Lucifer would do anything for that little girl.
"What about Trixie... she has a dad doesn't she?" That got Chloe thinking; Dan has been saying he wants to spend more time with Trixie.
"I suppose..."
"Come one detective. No more excuses."
"One time! I will indulge your fantasies one time. But as soon as things get weird, I'm out. Got it?" Lucifer is so excited. Finally, she's going to get to see the real him and hopefully then she'll believe his story.
"I'll pick you up bright and early tomorrow!" Chloe just rolls her eyes at him as she gets back to work on the paperwork they need to finish.