Chapter 2: A Change Of Plans...

It was Thursday. Bismuth was at the university getting all of the materials she would need to teach the class ready.
Just as she was about to get some metal she heard a knock on the large sliding doors. Bismuth pulled a lever opening them. When the sliding doors split open there stood the woman Bismuth stared at almost every day from across the room. Only today it wasn't across a small coffee shop.

"Oh! I totally forgot you were coming! Sorry about that." Bismuth said with a small hint of guilt in her voice.
"Oh! It's perfectly fine! I didn't even give you any contact information so that was partially my fault." Said Pearl
"Oh. Well do you want to exchange phone numbers now?"
"Sure!"

Bismuth gave Pearl her phone number and Pearl gave her her's.

"Okie Dokie! Aprons are over there. They already have materials in them so you should be fine." Bismuth said turning away to get metal.
"Oh ok!"

Pearl set her things by the large doors and grabbed an apron.

"What would you like me to do?" Pearl said rolling up her sleeves.
"Start up the forge for me please. I'll need to start melting this metal before my students come in."
"Mk."

Pearl started up the forge.

"Wow. I'm surprised you figured out how to work that." Said Bismuth.
"I told you I dabble in sword fighting. As a writer I was inclined to read everything I could about the history of sword fighting. Including how they're made." Pearl said smirking.
"You sure sound like you know your history."
"Well yeah. I have to know about a lot of things in order to write the articles for all of the classes I write for."
"Makes sense..." Bismuth said as she put the metal in the forge.
"Alright! Students should be coming any second!" Bismuth said brushing her hands off on the apron.

Just as she said that a crowd of students walked in.
The class lasted about 2 hours. Bismuth introduced Pearl as a special guest. Pearl helped the students with understanding what was going on. She would explain how everything worked and would let them know some history about the use of swords and medieval weapons.
At the end of the class the students were asked questions and then dismissed.

"Wow. They acted like actual adults today." Said Bismuth while putting her apron up.
"Do they not usually?"
"Eh. It doesn't bother me. They're young. I like to let them have some freedom as college students."
"That's awfully nice of you."
"I try."

Pearl put up her apron and gathered her things.

"I had a nice time today..." Pearl said trying to hide the slight blush crossing her face.
"So did I. It was nice." Said Bismuth also trying to hide her blushing.
"There is a new movie out and I was wondering if you wanted to come see it with me..." Said Pearl looking down to the ground.
"What genre of movie is it?"
"Horror. I thought it looked good but nobody wanted to go with me."
"I'll gladly join you. What movie?"
"It's called Play With Me. It's about a little boy who is mute and he can only use his device to talk. Then he finds a strange poem and something starts to haunt him. It looks interesting..."
"Hm. Yeah. I'll gladly go with you."
"R-really?" Said Pearl, starting to stutter.
"Of course."
"Ok! I'll text you more details later... See you then!" Pearl said as she got into her car.
"Bye!" Yelled Bismuth, also getting into her car.

Bismuth was baffled. Not only did she have the girl if her dreams teach a class with her but she also had her invite her to a movie! Bismuth couldn't contain her excitement. She got home and couldn't stop smiling. A couple hours went by. Bismuth was currently building a new bookshelf. She was humming to herself when she heard a knock on her door...

Bismuth opened the door and there stood Lapis holding a box of things. Bismuth turned her attention to Lapis' face. She had a black eye.

"Lapis! Oh my god are you ok!?" Bismuth said in alarm.
"I'm fine... can I stay here for a little while."
"O-of course. What happened?"
"None of your business!" Lapis snapped