Fooling myself (Dean)

Start from the beginning

This was worst case scenario. We run into his ex-girlfriend and he stops acting like he is my boyfriend.

She was sweet though, and shook my hand. "It's really nice to meet you, Alivia." "Oh yeah, you too, Lisa." I tried to put on a smile.

They talked for at least ten minutes, leaving me out completely. I felt so awkward. I was both pissed and sad. I wanted to cry but also punch him right in his stupid face.

Then she was the one to end the conversation and walk away.

We got back to the car, and as he held my door open he moved in to kiss me. I subtly moved to avoid it like I didn't notice it.

When he climbed in he shut his door and sighed, "Alright, what's wrong?"

"Everything. Just take me back home, and we can go back to how things were eight months ago." My voice was shaking as the emotions filled my eyes as tears.

"Liv, what the hell are you talking about?"

"You really had me believing that you were over her, and we had an actual shot at this working. Either you really thought so, and seeing her proved you wrong... or you lied to me." I was trying so hard not to cry. My voice was cracking.

He ran his hand over his face and then held his hand up as he talked. "What are you talking about? I'm sorry if running into Lisa upset you, but us walking away from each other isn't the answer."

I sighed, not wanting to fight. "It's alright, Dean. After all I've heard about you two... I understand, okay? Please, just take me back home." When he went to object I held up my shaky hand and blinked away the rears before turning to look at him. "Please?"

He sighed, "Alright, but I'm not walking away from you, or us."

I silently looked out the window as he started driving.

It was quiet most of the way, then as we got almost all the way he said softly, "Liv, for whatever this is worth... I'm sorry, for whatever I did to upset you. I hate upsetting you. I don't understand why you're so upset and wanting to break-up. But, please.... don't. We should talk about this. I'm sorry that running into Lisa made you upset. I don't want you to cry, it's killing me."

Now I was really fighting back tears. I was thankful when he pulled into the garage.

As soon as the car was in park I bolted from it and into the bunker. Things were all messed up now. I ran into my room, locking it since it's Dean's room too. We only moved into the same room three weeks ago. I sat on the bed and wiped away the now fallings tears.

After a couple minutes I got up and changed into sweat pants and a sweatshirt.

Then I heard feet approach the door. "Liv?" It was Sam. "Hey, what's going on? Why are you in here alone, and Dean in the archives? You're both upset, just talk to me." He pleaded.

I took a breath, "Not right now, Sam. Just... go talk to him if you want to know."

Dean's P.O.V.
I kept running our night through my head. I couldn't figure out how things went so wrong that Alivia wants to break up. Seeing Lisa was a big surprise, but nothing was wrong. She was really polite to us both.

Sam popped in again. "Dean, what happed? She won't talk to me."

I shrugged, "I have no clue. One minute we were having the best night we've have in a while, then we ran into Lisa. Nothing happened, but Liv changed. She wouldn't hold my hand, or let me kiss her, and then she said we should break up."

His jaw fell, looking just as surprised and confused as I felt.

Cass popped in, "Why are you and Alivia both feeling so upset?"

"You tell me, Cass. What is Alivia thinking? Because she won't talk to me." I stated.

He nodded and started listening in to her, getting that concentration look on his face. Sam gave me that look to tell me this was wrong. I ignored him. I know it's not right, but I need to know what the hell happened.

After a couple minutes Cass looked at me and tilted his head. "She's crying. she's replaying a few things in her mind. When you saw Lisa, and your eyes lit up. You let go of her hand very quickly, and hugged Lisa. Then you introduced her without telling Lisa she was your girlfriend. She's very upset about that. Then she was left out of the conversation for a long time. She keeps seeing your face as you looked at Lisa, though. She's very upset, Dean. She thinks you don't really want her, but that you still really love Lisa instead. She keeps saying she was only fooling herself."

Crap. That's what I did. I messed up, big time.

Sam looked so annoyed with me. "Dean. You didn't tell Lisa that Liv is your girlfriend?! No wonder she's this upset. She has always been really insecure about Lisa. She's been worried that you still love and want to be with Lisa."

"I messed up, Sam. Seeing Lisa threw me for such a loop. I wasn't thinking clearly. She HAS to know that I'm honestly past what I had with Lisa." I said, the last part mostly to myself.

"You showed her the opposite, Dean." Sam said back, his bitch-face was locked in.

"Sam's right. She keeps seeing you staring at Lisa, laughing with her. She keeps telling herself you looked so in love, and she was fooling herself to think you guys would ever work. She's blaming herself for 'not seeing it sooner' and letting herself get attached to you." Cass commented.

"Son of a bitch."

I grabbed my lock pick from my pocket and went to our room. "Alivia? Please open the door." I said first. She didn't even respond. So with a huff I got to work and opened the door.

She was wiping away tears onto her sleeves as she sat in her sweat pants. He face was red and puffy. It made my heart hurt.

"Oh, baby. Please don't cry anymore." I moved to sit next to her. She pulled her hand away when I tried to hold it. Son of a bitch, she's really hurting.

"Dean, please don't do this. You're making this harder on both of us." She sounded so broken and vulnerable. Like a little kid

"Alivia, just listen, okay? I am so sorry for messing up everything when we ran into Lisa. I handled it horribly. I pulled away from you, I didn't tell her you're my favorite girl in the whole world, and I spent too much time talking to her. I'm so sorry. But I promise I am past what I had with her. I thought was my happy future, I won't lie. But then I met you, Liv. I love you. I want to be with you."

We both realized what I just said for the first time.

Those beautiful eyes sparkled and she actually smiled. It made me relax a little to see that light come back. "You do? Dean...."

"Yeah. I was going to tell you in this big way, or something more romantic than begging you to stay with me. But yeah, it's true. I love you."

She put her hand through my hair gently, "I love you too, Dean. Are you sure you're in this? You're over her?"

I exhaled and smiled, putting my forehead on hers. She was calmer, more hopeful and happy that we were working this out. "Yeah, baby. You're my favorite girl. I love you." "And I love you." It made me insanely happy to hear that from her.