Chapter 2: Time

⚠️COVER UPDATED!!⚠️

Also posted early since this story was already out a few months back I just had to edit some things ❤️

Alois age: 6
Ciel age: 5
____

Alois smiled as Ciel ran after him in their backyard. Today marked exactly a month of him being in the Phantomhive estate. Him and Ciel got along swimmingly.

He showed his treasure, Luka, to Ciel at some point, during their first play time. Telling him that Luka was important to him. Ciel nodded in confirmation, he smiled at Alois before declaring he'd protect Luka. Alois was overjoyed with Ciel's exclamation. That was the first time Alois hugged anyone during his stay at the Phantomhive residence.

Now they were happily playing outside like normal kids do. Hannah was in charge of protecting Luka while Alois giggled with Ciel as the younger boy followed after him into the maze like garden.

"S-slow down! Al!"

Alois turned around at his nickname. Huffing and puffing, he saw the younger boy trying to catch his breath so he ran back looking at him worriedly.

"Sorry was I goin too fast?"

"N-no..I just need to catch my breath is all"

Alois frowned at the obvious lie. He watched Ciel huffing before turning around and getting down on his knees. A small smile on his face when he turned his head to look at the younger child.

"Wanna hop on?"

Ciel seemed to beam at the elder boys request before jumping onto his back. A small giggle erupted from the boy as he snuggled into Alois's neck. Breathing in the elder child's scent.

Alois smiled as he stood up and walked towards the middle of the maze. Alois has yet to enter school. He was being home taught till Ciel was old enough to go to school on his own. The blue haired pup absolutely hated the thought of Alois being taken from him for seven hours a day and five days a week. So Vincent decided to home school the elder child.

Alois caught on to his studies surprisingly quickly for his age, Vincent and Rachel dubbed him a genius at some point. It made the fair skinned boy smile at the two. But when Ciel praised his quick wits he couldn't help flushing in embarrassment. He was a fool for the younger child.

Alois hummed a very unique tune on their way to the gazebo that resides in the middle of the maze. His scent eluded pure comfort in the scent of Ciels milky pup smell. Usually at this time they'd eat sweets with Hannah to replenish their energy from the high active of running and playing tag.

"What're you humming Al?"

Alois gave off a small sound in question. He thought of the origin of his humming and smiled. His smile was a little sad, the scent around him changed from the usual milky scent to bitterness, his voice becoming reminiscent.

"It's a song that someone very important to me sang a lot"

"Oh Hannah? Or Mommy? What about Daddy?"

Alois smiled a bit wider.

"No they're way more important to me than them....anyways! Let's hurry up to the center, I'm sure Hannah's been waiting for awhile now!"