Chapter 8: Come Around

Start from the beginning

"What brings you here, Nick?" I asked with a sweet smile.

"Uh. Actually I was hoping to talk to you for a minute." he said.

"We'll just give you two a minute." Rose said as her and Monroe walked out of the room, shutting the stained glass door behind them and getting back to work.

"Is everything okay?" I asked Nick as we sat on the couch very close together.

"Yeah, I just wanted to check on you. How are you today?" he asked me with a low voice.

"Nick, I'm okay. You don't have to drive all the way here to check on me. You have a phone." I chuckled.

I still didn't know what he felt yet. He's kind of a machine lately. Just making sure I stay happy and healthy. It's almost like he's afraid of getting close to me now. While most people stare at my belly or rub it, even though I'm not even showing yet, he just seems off in a different world.

"Hey, hey there...." Nick said and a low voice as he lifted my chin to face him.

"Nick-"

"No, no. Don't. I know. I haven't been all there lately." He said cutting me off.

"I know, Nick. It sucks a little.." I trailed off.

"I'm scared, Macy. I'm so scared and I don't know what to do or how to be a dad or if I'm going to be a good dad and I'm a Grimm and its going to be so scary." he rambled out.

"Oh Nick.." I whispered, putting my hand on his jawline.

He put his hand over mine and rubbed it.

"I love you, Macy. I love you so much. I'm so sorry if I've worried you or made you have doubts about us, but believe me girl, I'm in this with you. I'm not going anywhere, I don't want to. I haven't come to grips with what is about to happen. It all doesn't seem real to me yet. I promise you though, I will come around sweetheart." he said and my heart fluttered with every single word.

He pulled me closer to him, all the way to his lap. I put my forehead to his and he brushed the back of my hair.

"I love you." I whispered.

He kissed the top of my head.

I leaned my head down into his chest and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me, squeezing tighter and tighter as he thought about how much I needed him now more than ever.

"I've gotta get back." he said quietly after a few moments like that.

"Okay."

"You look tired, go home and take a nap baby girl. I know you haven't been sleeping." Nick said.

"Mm. I will. See you later?" I asked.

"Of course." he smiled at me.

We walked out of the room and Nick said a short goodbye to everyone after getting a call.

"Is everything alright? You're not fighting are you?" Rose asked.

"No,no. Everything is wonderful..He's going to come around soon. I know it." I said with a reassuring smile.

"He doesn't understand it yet, but just wait until you start growing, hell realize it soon enough." Monroe said as he stared out the window at Nick's car speeding away.

"Well guys, I'm going to head home and take a nap." I said and gave them hugs goodbye.

I rode my bike peacefully home with the thought that things would be starting to get "normal" soon. I know this has to be hard for him. Everything he said was justified though. If I was a Grimm, I'd be that scared too. He's got so much going on, he never meant for me to get involved, it just happened in the blink of an eye.