"Good morning to you too, sunshine," I respond, grabbing my work bag and heading out of my apartment. "I'm just a block away, no need to panic."

"Bullshit Isabella, I can hear you entering the elevator."

I sigh, "I don't live far. Bye."

"Isabella-"

I hang up the phone when I reach the lobby. The cold breeze was a slap in the face when the doorman opened the entrance. My spine crawls with chills and my skin prickles with goosebumps.

The agency had hired Violet two years ago and assigned me as her mentor. I partnered with Violet for her first mission which almost led to a disaster and within the years she has become my assistant.

♥          ♥          ♥

I push through the revolving doors and into the building. It was sleek and modern with tall windows that lit up the area. The floors were beautiful marble and the furniture was made of black plush.

My stomach is filled with butterflies. I was known as a spymaster at the last office but this was beyond. Even with my referrals I had to show them I was worth being here.

I spot Violet sitting on the velvet couch and when she makes eye contact she immediately stands. She follows my pace as we make our way to the front desk. Our body language screams dominance.

"Good morning, Ms. Kim had settled a meeting. I was curious which floor she was located on," I informed the woman behind the desk.

The woman eyes us down before she returns her attention to the computer screen. The clicking sounds coming from the keyboard interrupted the awkward silence.

She sighs and gives us a tight smile, "Ms. Kim's office is located on the thirtieth floor. I will give her a call on your arrival," she says picking up her office phone.

We thank her and make our way down the lobby towards the elevators.

Once we enter, I relax for the few moments I can. "God, I'm shitting bricks," I say when the doors finally close.

"Tell me about it."

I stare up at the numbers, watching as they go higher and higher. I don't realize I'm holding my breath until the elevator comes to a stop and my stomach drops when it levels itself.

I stood next to Violet and we suck in a breath when the doors slide open. We take a step out and notice how the floor was designed to be one extensive office.

The floor-to-ceiling windows made the area bright. Sage wallpaper covered the walls and mahogany wood complimented the beige fabrics that covered the cushions. The gold accents added a significant touch as well and the smell was fresh from the many plants.

My heels sink into the soft carpet with every step I take close to the wooden office desk. Ms. Kim sat in a decorative chair. Though, she was facing away from us.

"Please, seat yourselves," the fried voice filled my ears.

We listened and she spun in her seat. She has long black hair that compliments her round face and very fair skin.