it's hyeongjun's world (and we're all living in it) pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"dunno," wonjin mumbles back, feeding another scoop of ice-cream into serim's awaiting mouth, "i only put it on because minhee said the actor looked just like him."

really? hyeongjun's noses scrunches up at the screen, scrutinising the main male lead of the show. a tall, broad-shouldered actor who honestly looked a little old to play the role of a young, genius ceo, minhee looks more handsome than that.

"minhee's more handsome," hyeongjun singsongs, not aware he's voiced his thoughts aloud. serim raises an eyebrow at the younger boy - and then proceeds to pout when wonjin freezes up next to him, spoonful of ice-cream barely inches away from the eldest boy's lips.

"really?" and hyeongjun snaps his head at wonjin's direction, not understanding the tone in his long-time childhood friend's voice. why was wonjin acting so surprised? minhee was handsome. that was just facts.

"i mean, yeah, no shit," hyeongjun replies hesitantly, not understanding where this is going, and the look on wonjin's face is contemplative, "who wouldn't think minhee is handsome?"

serim's hand shoots up. "i don't. i think he's adorable."

"shush, hag. your opinion is irrelevant," wonjin cuts him off playfully, and tries not to grin when serim rolls over hyeongjun's lap to openly gawk and the younger boy, whining at him to take it back, i'm still young! i'm not a hag! wonjiniiiiiie!

"wonjin hyung, where are you going with this?" hyeongjun deadpans. all i said was minhee was handsome, what's the deal?

"nothing," wonjin suddenly smiles - serim's head now resting on his lap, and the dance instructor looks more appeased than ever - and puts his tub of ice-cream to the side, "minhee's great, isn't he? he's stuck through with us for so long, despite everything that's happened. always comes back to visit us at any given opportunity. even when he's stuck hours away in that smart school school of his."

"...yeah?" and hyeongjun still doesn't understand where this is going.

"all i'm saying is...minhee's a good friend, isn't he?" wonjin states carefully, and now his fingers are stroking through serim's locks, and the older boy starts purring, "what do you think, hyeongjunnie?"

hyeongjun's back straightens at this. wonjin couldn't be trying to set him up with their own best friend, right? right?

hyeongjun wheezes at the thought.

he'll humor his hyung this time round. his hyung has been good lately. he actually asked before eating the last slice of hyeongjun's pizza yesterday.

"of course i think minhee's a good friend," hyeongjun retorts, and he rolls his eyes when wonjin raises an eyebrow at him, "what else do you want me to say?"

wonjin sighs dramatically, and serim giggles while casually "booping" wonjin's nose with his finger. was he drunk already?

"all i'm saying is...hasn't minhee always been there for you since the start? always supporting you throughout the years? even when you went through that ridiculous phase of falling for random guys who would barely gave you the time of day?"

"seungwoo hyung was not a random guy." hyeongjun squares his shoulders defensively.

wonjin levels him with a deadpan look.

"right. remember when we were fifteen? when we broke up after realizing we were better off as friends?"

hyeongjun narrows his eyes at his hyung.

"yea, why?"

"minhee comforted you that night, didn't he?" wonjin elaborated slowly, as if trying to explain math to a very slow child, "he came over asking if you wanted to play games together. remember?"