it's hyeongjun's world (and we're all living in it) pt. 2

Start from the beginning

and thus, the three of them ended up spending a lot of time together during that slow summer break. and whenever seongmin and hyeongjun were left alone, they'd often head out on bubble tea and ice cream runs together (with the accompaniment of wonjin occasionally), and seongmin would pile on stories of senior college life - something hyeongjun missed dearly, and wishes he could turn back the clock on - and his prank war with wonjin.

and it was fun - and extremely amusing - whenever he got to spend time with one of his soon-to-be favorite dongsaengs. seongmin's eyes would sparkle and his cheeks would redden whenever hyeongjun did something as simple as linking their arms together or patting his usually messy hair, and hyeongjun likens their relationship to one of a baby poodle taking care of a baby rabbit. and it really was just that .

so when seongmin admits his crush on hyeongjun - complete with his own pair of begging puppy dog eyes and noona-killer pout that almost makes him waver in his decision - hyeongjun has to turn the younger boy down gently, while subtly pushing him in the direction of his same-age childhood friend taeyoung, who sometimes stared at seongmin like he was his entire world when the other boy wasn't looking (and hyeongjun's heart aches. because that was how minkyu used to look at him too, before everything that happened. and he hopes for the best for his two juniors).

(he prays that whatever they had didn't end up with whatever he was left with.)

he gets to know kim yohan one day in the middle of job hunting - when he decides to take a rest stop at a new coffee shop that popped up in the very heart of town.

yohan was your typical handsome barista, taken straight out of your everyday coffeeshop au. complete with broad, muscular shoulders and a friendly, baby-like face - hyeongjun was instantly attracted to him, and the feeling was (clearly) mutual. hyeongjun had giggled cutely when yohan nervously asked for his name, clearly flustered by the cuteness that hyeongjun embodied.

and while he didn't end up with a job at the end of the day, he did end up with yohan's number - written messily on a napkin, name signed off with a little heart at the end.

(hyeongjun thinks yohan has been reading too many coffeeshop au's, and he hopes he continues reading more of them, because that shit was fucking adorable .)

they hit it off well, and yohan borders on wonjin's level of touchy when hyeongjun finally allows him to pinch his cheeks after his sixth coffee visit. they also go on a few dates whenever yohan's free after his shifts, coupled by the usual onslaughts of hugs and kisses and "aigoooo, you're so cute i wanna squeeze you, hyeongjun-ah".

and even though yohan's the oldest he's ever dated, he's also the strongest out of all of hyeongjun's suitors, and hyeongjun's face pinks whenever yohan casually hoists the smaller boy onto his lap every time he wants to cuddle - a subtle action that never failed to make hyeongjun feel small and delicate at the realization of how easy it was for yohan to just manhandle him like that, as if he weighed nothing.

also.

yohan's thighs?

(hyeongjun chuckles at the description.)

crafted and kissed by the hands of god himself.

hyeongjun did consider giving yohan a shot when yohan asked if he wanted to make things official, until he noticed the way yohan's stare intensified whenever he looked at hangyul - his other fellow barista - and decides to remain just friends with the older boy (much to yohan's disappointment, but hyeongjun thinks he'll sort out his own feelings soon. maybe. who knows).

through connections, eunsang and junho (who were going strong for over seven years. hyeongjun was envious , but also incredibly happy for them) introduced him to one nam dohyon. actually no, more like they shoved the boy towards hyeongjun, and dohyon had a little panic attack when he almost fell and crushed hyeongjun under his weight and apologized fervently after. hyeongjun was just bewildered, because holy shit this kid was young . too young for hyeongjun to even consider going on anything more than a brotherly outing with.