BASEBALL GAME

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

             " OVER HERE! " hana said, waving towards minhee while patting the empty seat beside her.

he nodded his head and handed her the hotdog and a can of coke that he offered to buy. " couldn't really find a corndog, so i bought you a hotdog instead. sorry." he smiled sheepishly.

hana chuckled and ruffled his hair, " it's fine! at least you brought me something." she told him. " anyways, you're a baseball expert right? i mean— you've played baseball before."

" yeah, back in middle school." minhee said. " i don't really remember some of the rules now. maybe a thing or two but eh— not sure."

she let out a small hum. " well, could you perhaps teach me a thing or two? i don't really understand anything about it." she playfully grinned.

minhee chuckled and patted her head gently. he finds it adorable, asking him for help on something that he used to love and do. " sure! "

" heya guys! " eunsang joined in the conversation, seating next to hana on the other side of the bench. " damn, it's so crowded. never really been to a baseball match before."

" too bad hyeongjun couldn't tag along, he would've love to see jinhee." hana said and the two boys beside her nodded their heads.

the same finally started, and jinhee was the first batter. everyone was excited to see her, aiming for the ball before finally swinging the bat in her grip.

" home run! " the crowd began to cheer as loud as possible, chanting her name as the bands started blasting music to their own trumpets and trombones. it was really a new experience for hana and eunsang, considering they've never been able to witness a baseball match in front of their own eyes. and now that they can, it was sort of refreshing.

minhee was also helpful throughout the whole match, explaining thoroughly about the rules and regulations of the game one by one whenever she couldn't understand. she was thankful to have him by her side.

the game finally ended with their school winning and the three of them couldn't be happier for their own friend. hana ran down from the bleachers and ran towards jinhee, giving her a tight hug.

" geez! calm down girl, i'm all sweaty." jinhee chuckled and took off her baseball cap. " why didn't you guys tell me that you were coming? " she asked.

" wanted to surprise you—good game by the way." minhee said, giving her a fist bump before placing his right arm around hana's shoulder.

" thanks." jinhee chuckled and suddenly flicked eunsang's forehead. " and you! where's your compliment? would be nice to hear you saying 'oh my god jinhee. you are amazing!' coming out from your mouth once in a while." she shot a glare.

" ow! dang, i was about to compliment you but jow that you've abused me i think i'm gonna take back what i said."

" it's a small flick."

" and? it hurts! " eunsang pouted. " anyways, good game! i'll treat you some milk bread at school as a complimentary gift. how's your shoulder? "

" getting better. as long as i can swing a bat then it's all good." she said, and the whole group laughed.

they talked with each other for a little while before jinhee's team captain started calling for her. she bud her goodbyes, and walked away.

" i gotta go too. see you guys tomorrow! " eunsang said and left the two behind.

" walk me home? " hana smiled, looking at the tall boy beside him.

" i would love too."

the walk to her home was quite but warm. the air felt so cold yet so fresh and they were both enjoying each other's presence.

" you think i can watch you swinging a bat one day? " she suddenly asked him.

minhee raised a brow. " i mean— do you want to? "

she shrugged, fidgeting with her fingers as she avoid making eye contact. the boy know it all too well; she was getting shy for asking him such a favour.

" i don't know.. just thought it would be cool to see you playing baseball.. you know? " she pouted. " i mean— it's okay if you don't want to. why did you quit anyways? "

he chuckled and ruffled her soft hair. " playing baseball is just a hobby for me, it's not like i want to pursue a career or achieve anything out of it." he replied, facing his side to gaze at her. " plus, i sprained my arm like jinhee once. worse experience of my life to be honest, had to stay at home for almost three weeks."

" ah... that hurts." she winced, squinting her eyes as she imagines the pain that he had to go through. " well i'm glad that you've quit! wouldn't want to see you getting hurt."

" i thought you said you wanted to see me play baseball earlier? or am i just hearing things? " he teased, earning him a small shove on the stomach.

" i was just saying! but now that i found out about this i think it's better if you don't."

" it's not like i'm traumatized by it or anything. it was just a small accident, no need to worry." he ruffled her hair once again. " you can watch me play baseball one day, i promise."

" you do? "

" yeah, why not? my uncle owns a baseball court considering he used to be a player. we can just go there and you can watch me swing a bat once in a while." minhee chuckled once again.

" really? "

" mhm."

" that's.. that's great! " she stopped on her tracks and started hugging him. " that's really great! can't wait to see you swinging in action." she cracked a joke, breaking the hug as she does so.

the two of them laughed, and continued their walk together—enjoying each other's warmth and presence.