Chicago Dreams

Hello, 

Thank you for reading Frozen Love. I have always wanted to write something, and have all of these ideas floating around in my head. Here is one of my attempts and I am hoping that you like it. I know right now it is a little slow, but in the next few chapters I PROMISE that it will pick up. You are going to fall in love with the main male character that I have planned for Paul. 

If you at all have a chance can you comment and reccommend the story. I would really like to hear your opinions. Good and bad--but be constructivly critic--being mean just to be mean shows what kind of person you are. Also, keep in mind I have read through it, but I am certain there are many many errors and for that I am sorry. 

Hope you enjoy chapter 2...Chicago Dreams

Chapter 2

Michael never came back that night. I tried calling and texting his cell phone, but never got an answer. My parents didn't even try to contact him. They knew he needed space. I knew he needed space, but I considered him my best friend and thought he needed his best friend to talk to; heck I needed someone to talk to.

I grabbed another box and began to pack up my clothes. I packed my books first. I owned far more books than I did clothes. Books were my escape from high school. My thoughts wandered just to yesterday. Barely back from Thanksgiving break and already had my books knocked out of my hands, being pushed into a locker, and another day of sitting in the library eating lunch with the librarian.

“Paul—you dorkerella. You're so ugly you couldn't even get the attention of Sam Wesley, yet alone Danny.” Sherri; one of the tart-faced girls that my brother dated said.

I knew who she was talking about. Sam Wesley the socially inept robotics and chess club dork, and Danny the school jock, quarterback, tight butt dreamboat; according to bathroom talk. Two very different guys at my school and yet I had no interest in either of them. Especially since Danny in fourth grade cut off one side of my piggy tails; initiating the bullying and name calling throughout middle school, and into my Junior year of high school.

I left my thoughts and realized that I had packed all of the clothes from my drawers. I moved onto packing my closet. My very few dresses that I liked, and the dresses my mom would buy and thought I would like them; I am sure they would be cute on a forty something year old.

The door opened and my mom walked in. She gently shut the door and walked into my room and sat on the edge of my bed. “Are you alright with this Paulina?” She asked.

“Yes. I am alright with moving mom. It sounds like a good opportunity for dad,” I replied, thinking it would be a good opportunity for me too.

My mom sighed, then proceeded to run her fingers through her shoulder length blond hair. “I just feel awful about Michael...” She trailed off.

I looked down at the box I was packing, “He will get over it. He will make new friends, and still be the Michael that we all love.”

“I think you're right,” she said. “I just feel bad that it is his senior year and your junior year. I am sure you both want to finish your high school life here in Chicago.”

Oh, she doesn't know either about how I am treated. No one does and I plan to keep it that way. “I think we will like Wyoming. Try the small town life. But will you like it mom? Won't you miss your own friends?”

“Honey, I can call them. I love your father. I would go with him anywhere and everywhere. I love you and your brother just as much. I want you two to be happy.” She replied.

I really was envious of their love, and aimed that someday I would meet a great guy that would love me like my dad loved my mom. A love that would make the history books. A girl can dream...or a girl reads too much, that is.

My mother stood up and came over and gave me a side squeeze, let go, and left the room closing the door gently. I knew my mom only wanted the best for her children and I knew that in her heart moving was the best decision for our family. Michael would get over it and I am already over it. I am sort of excited; thinking about the clean mountain air, the mountains of snow, hiking just in your back door. I couldn't wait to see what Wyoming had to offer.

After making a little more leeway of packing my room it was already 11:00 at night. I decided to take Shaspi out to go to the bathroom for the night. As we were outside I looked up to the towering buildings and colorless sky thinking of Chicago as my home, but not for long. Wyoming would be my new home in a few days time and Chicago would be a place for memories; a place to leave behind.

“Come on, girl. Let's go inside and go to bed.” I told my dog, as we walked inside, up the stairs and into bed.