Back to the Start

Carlos POV
We left the police station and headed home Bryan was quivering while he was sleeping.

I clutch the file I had in my hand tighter as we drove into the driveway of my house. I carry Bryan in the house and I lay him down on his bed.

I walk over to the kitchen and saw Tk on his phone. I sit down next to him and plop the file in front of him.

"What's this?" He questioned.

"It's the file that I had a while back I showed Bryan and well now I'm showing you"

He flips through the file quite quickly skimming through like someone who dared to read the terms and conditions.

He closes the file after a bit and stares at me.

"So kinda like what you told me the other day right?"

"Yeah just so more information about a cult and the cult leader"

"I see, so this what Bryan had to deal with huh... so about the cult how are going to take them down?" Tk asked with a slight shiver.

"I don't-" I turn around as I got interrupted by someone.

"Think you should worry" Bryan was leaning against the door frame with his arm forming a v on his back.

"What do you mean kiddo?" I asked.

"Let's just say the leader won't causing any more trouble"

"Alfar?"

"Yes, he won't be causing any more trouble."

Bryan pulls up a chair and sits down. He stared at me and puts a slight smile on his face. He turns back to the file and grabs it from Tk.

"He's gone now" he whispered I barely made out the words that he said.

"So you had to live through this Bryan?" Tk questioned.

"Yes, I had to live through the whole thing. Every day was pain, we were either on the move or we would be hunch up in an uncomfortable room for days." He was staring at the table his eyes weren't on any of us. "We started to fight back but sadly because we started to fight back my mom got kidnapped and killed" his tear started to flow falling dedicatedly on the table.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," I said.

"It's fine don't worry about it, I just wished I was able to help her before she kidnapped" there was a harsh silence after Bryan mentioned his mom.

I hold on to Bryan's hand as he cries out. We both stay in the room for who knows how long we were just sitting in the kitchen but when I looked outside the day was incredibly bright. Bryan turns his head as well and he begins to smile just a bit.

Tk left a bit ago and said that he was really tired and wanted to stay longer but had to take a breather and go to sleep.

Bryan turns to me with a smile. "Hey dad Can we go back to the ice cream store the one what we went to when we first met"

I smile just as bright as him "yeah let's go"

We get in the car and head off to the ice cream store.

We land in the parking lot and head into the store.

Bryan got a vanilla cone and I got a tub of ice cream for Tk.

We head back to the car and start driving back home.

"Hey dad can tell me why you adopted me, you never really told me about it"

"I adopted you because you were alone, you had no parents I thought it was the right thing to do"

"You took a risk and I appreciate that you wanted to help me" his smile is from ear to ear.

We get into our driveway and head into our house. I drop the ice cream into the freezer and sit down next to Bryan who was on the couch licking away at his ice cream.

He finishes his ice cream and looked at me.

"Hey dad last question"

"Yeah what is it kiddo"

"My past is so ludicrous that it almost seems unreal but the thing is I know it happened. I just can't accept the fact I went through it all and lived." He said with a mix of confusion and sadness written upon his face.

"I know it's hard to understand that what you went through, but the thing is all of what you been through is real and it might be hard to accept it. Your past can shape you to become better and to understand the world a bit more"

"The things is I know that my past is real but I just can't believe it happened"

"The world is weird in that way but life is full of mystery the sooner we accept that face life will become much easier."

"Yeah I guess I understand"

"Don't worry kid this stuff takes time to learn at your own pace alright."

I take him into my arms and hold him tightly he starts