Stepfather

Tk POV
I was in the living room with Bryan watching some films. It was honestly really relaxing to not have to worry about much. Carlos was at work and work for me starts tomorrow. Bryan went into my room for some reason but I didn't seem to care nor notice. He came back with Carlos' phone.

"Dad, daddy's phone is ringing." He hands me the phone and I picked up the caller.

"Hello, who is this"

"Yeah is this Carlos"

"No, but I'm his boyfriend"

"Alright... can you tell Carlos that his stepdad died"

"Wait wha-" I couldn't even finish the two words before He ended the call. Bryan looked at me concerned and I just gave him a fake smile. He smiles back and we continue to watch the films.

Nighttime fell quickly and I tucked Bryan to sleep. Carlos came home minutes afterward while I was just sitting on the couch trying to comprehend what that one guy told me. Carlos notices my presence and sits down at the couch across from me.

"Hey, babe everything okay" he worried.

"You left your phone at home"

"Oh really, shit my bad babe. Did anyone call."

"Yeah one person"

"Really who."

"He told me that your stepdad died" once I said those last words his face grew into full worry. He started to look away, his face grew more concerned every second.

"You never told me about your stepfather."
I asked trying to get some information out of Carlos.

"Bab-"

"Who was this stepfather"

"Bab-"

"And what was he to yo-"

"DROP IT TYLER KENNEDY"

I was shocked. It was the first time Carlos ever said my real name. I looked at him and while he had his reason for it, tears were flowing like mad and his hand was over his mouth, leading me to believe he was quite shocked himself. He stood up and started walking away.

"Carlos"

"Tk look I don't want to talk about and I don't think I'll ever be ready to talk about it okay"

He walked towards the door and closed it. I tried to open the door but it was locked. He locked the door on me.

I sighed and laid on the couch. I guess this where I'm sleeping for the night.

Carlos POV
A few hours after I just left Tk in the living room and I was starting to feel kinda bad. I went out of my room to see Tk in deep sleep. I carried him up and headed towards our room and laid him down on the bed. I give him one last look before picking up my phone and recalling the most recent call.

"Hello, Carlos do you need something"

"Yeah, I was wondering if you could tell me the news you told to my boyfriend"

"Oh, yeah... sure" his tone turned sad. "Your stepfather died"

"Okay... thank you," I said before hanging up the phone.

I put on a jacket and headed out of the room. I peeked into Bryan's room and notice the sleeping child just laying there. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and left the house.

Tk POV
I wake up to a rough yet soft feeling. I look around and found out that I managed to get into my bedroom. I don't know how but I'll take it. Today I had to go work so I got up and started getting dressed. Bryan came into my room and laid on the bed while I was getting my shirt on.

"Hey kiddo, how was your sleep"

"It was fine." He was quiet and he looks pretty sad.

"Everything alright kid" I worried.

"Not really"

"What's going on then"

"What were you and Daddy arguing about?"

"Oh it was nothing kiddo," I said rubbing my arms trying to keep myself calm.

"Ok, it just seemed like daddy was really mad he even left in the middle of the night"

"He left in the middle of the night?"I asked shocked.

"Yeah he seemed like he felt pretty bad about what he did so he kinda just left"

"Oh okay. Well, I have to go to work." I Bryan a kiss on the forehead and I went off.

Carlos POV
I headed down to my friend's house, the one who gave the call. I arrived at his house and knocked on the door.

"Hey Carlos you need something," he said tiredly.

"Can I come in"

"Sure" he opened the door all the way and walked into his living room. I sit down on his couch as he puts two glasses of water in front of me. I take a sip from my glass staring off on to the ceiling. Just staring.

"I'm sorry about the news" he mumbled.

"It's fine don't worry about"

"Okay... why did you come here don't you have a boyfriend"

"We kinda had an argument about my stepfather.

"Oh I see well I assume you're going to his funeral yes?"

"Yeah I will"

"Alright I'll give you some nice clothes and I'll take you there"

"Okay thank you" My friend starts walking away to his room.

"You can sleep here for the night but make sure to go back to your boyfriend okay"

"Alright" minutes passed by and I was out like a light. I hope Tk will be okay.