1. 𝔄𝔰 𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔯𝔬𝔴 𝔉𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔫𝔢 | 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡
𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰

✩°。✩。°✩

WHEN Emilee fled the war, she did so with the promise of a better life for the people who followed her

WHEN Emilee fled the war, she did so with the promise of a better life for the people who followed her. The only reason that they had attacked the Wall in the first place was so that they could have protection against man's greatest threat.

Man had turned his back upon the Free Folk, and left them with very little left to live for.

Almost a year had passed since Emilee had made her promise, and she was unable to say that she had been true to her word.

Hardhome was a miserable place which had created a river of divide between her and her people since they had arrived. There were too many Free Folk for them all to be able to camp within the protection of the walls, so half of the clan was forced to camp outside of them. With the threat of the dead inching ever closer, Emilee felt as though she had condemned her people to join the army; beyond the wall once more.

Emilee, of course, had wanted to stay with her people, but the other clan leaders insisted that she did not. As a leader, she was expected to meet frequently with the others to discuss their course of action. The course of action had not changed since they had arrived. They stay still, and they try to survive. All whilst the Night King thrives.

As for why they were still here, Emilee couldn't tell you. They'd fled when the King from the South ambushed them in the woods below the Wall. The last thing she saw was their horses surrounding Mance Rayder, and Jon Snow standing in the middle of it all. No matter how much Emilee pushed for change within the camp, the other leaders dismissed her as a young leader. She had served her clan well and did not appreciate the insult to her presence.

There was one of the Council leaders who Emilee didn't hate - which was high praise coming from her. Her name was Karsi, and she had quickly taken up a mothering role to the young leader, despite only being a few years Emilee's senior.

But no matter how many times she replayed the fight for the Wall in her head, Jon Snow was in the middle of it all. She hated him with everything which she had in her, for she saw no other conclusion but the one where he was the reason for the ambush. He had been the only one to know of their plans, for they had entrusted him with that knowledge. He was the one responsible for killing thousands of people as they strive for safety. He was the one who had burned Ygritte's body outside of his gates as a warning to her kind. He was the one who led the King from the South to the King beyond the wall.

She had lost many friends on that day, and many more enemies. With no word from Tormund since the fateful day, her people had rejoiced for a period of time. Their great enemies were dead.