12

Draco POV

Being forced asleep isn't fun. Left in the black space. Wondering what's happening to others. Just hearing everyone talk but not being able to respond.

All I've been doing for the past week is listening to Hermione talk to me. Everyday she has been seeing me, but she hasn't been here for around two days.

I hate being anxious but I can't do anything about it. And rest for the next few hours.

My chest is pounding. So is my head. I feel like I'm sweating a lot. And I'm shivering at the same time.

Suddenly I jolt awake. Wondering where I am.

A corridor. Fifth floor. I touch a door knob and try to open it but my hand keeps slipping.

"You can't keep doing this to her." Then I hear another voice.

"I JUST NEED HER. Just please Harry." I walk closer to the voices seeing it was Harry and the weasel.

"She loves Draco. You can't change that. She needs support right now. Not your problems." Harry begins to walk away towards me. I move aside but he walks right into me.

Was I invisible? Dead? No.

"I DON'T CARE HOW MANY TIMES SHE SAID SHE LOVES HIM." I stand there startled for a moment.

Hermione loves me. She feels... She loves me.

But this isn't real. I'm dreaming that's why Harry can just walk through me.

I still question if Hermione really loves me. Why am I having these dreams.

I question myself for hours when I realize what I should have realized at first.

I truly, sincerely, deeply, love Hermione Granger.

The background starts shifting and now I'm in our room. Hermione is sitting near the fireplace crying her heart out. Screaming and sobbing at the same time.

"Hermione?" Surprisingly, she turns around and gives me a wide smile.

"DRACO!" Expecting her to go right through me, she doesn't.

Her force pushes me down and she hugging me on the floor.

"I missed you so much."

"I... I can feel you. I can... Touch you..." She laughs.

"No duh Draco. This isn't some dream you know?" I laugh nervously wondering if this was a dream or not.

"Hermione. I need to tell you something." She nods and I push her over and now I'm hovering over her.

"Ever since the Yule Ball... I never loved or landed an eye on anyone besides you. I love you... Hermione." I gulp then plop down right next to her.

All of a sudden, she is hovering over me.

"Draco Malfoy. Ever since the Yule Ball. I have never looked at any guy other then you. I love you... Draco."

I softly grab her cheeks and pull her down towards me. Our foreheads rest together for a moment. Then she leans down even closer.

As soon as our lips touch, the background changes.

NO. NO. NO. HERMIONE! Now I'm back in the black space I was always in.

Hermione. I'm sorry. I love you...

---

I wake up and start coughing. Coughing so much my throat hurts.

Madam Pomfrey bursts through the curtain and gives me a glass of water. I finally cool down and she begins to speak.

"Three weeks. You were out longer than I expected. I'll be right back." She walks off and I'm by myself again.

Three weeks? I thought I was just hexed. No. The drink. Who put something in my water...

Hermione witnessed my "death" when I passed out again.

Hermione... HERMIONE!

I jump out of bed and run down the corridor. I look up at the gigantic grandfather clock and see its 8:36 pm. Classes were all over around 20 minutes ago. She's in her room.

"Mr. Malfoy! Please retreat back here this instant."

"Can I take a rain check?" Then I dash up to the seventh floor.

As I reach the fifth floor I hear crying coming from the prefects bathroom.

I knock and enter. I see Hermione sitting in the luxury tub, in the gold bathroom, sobbing loudly.

"Hermione?" She turns around and wipes her face fiercely.

"DRACO!" She puts her hands outside the tub to get up but then pulls them back.

"I'm not ... Um..." I nod then strip down to my boxers. I jump into the tub with her and hug her tightly.

"When did you get out?" I laughed at the face Madam Pomfrey gave me when I left.

"Just five minutes ago. I instantly ran up to you when I woke up." She tugged me even tighter and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I've been having weird dreams about you." She murmured. I smiled and whispered:

"I had nightmares. But something good happened." I gulped and she removed her head from my shoulder and looked at me.

"I realized, for every year since the Yule Ball, I... I only... I only loved you." I closed my eyes and bent my head down feeling embarrassed.

She cupped my face in her tiny, warm hands. And made me look her in the eye.

"While you were gone. Ron tried to rape me..." She whispered. She started to sob.

"Hermione... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there." I run my hand through her hair and comfort her for a while.

"Draco..."

"Yes Hermione?" The suspense was killing me.

"I love you Draco. Ever since the Yule Ball. I love you. Always did and always will." I put my hands on her shoulders to, hopefully, release the tension in her body.

I sit down then she moves over and sits on my lap facing me. She lets a tear drop before she dips in her head and kisses me.

My body was exploding at the exposure to her body heat.

Her hot hand running through my hair and one tracing my chest. Her hot legs surrounding my waist. And her hot little perfect lips on my lips. She was different then Pansy. Pansy was demanding, cruel, and crazy. Hermione was soft, beautiful, and caring.

To my surprise, I react pretty quickly. I place my hands on her waist and rub my thumbs on her sides.

She finally lets go and rests her head on my shoulder again.

"Draco. I love you. More than ever."