Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Serenity

                Sun Valley High School, the home of the Lions and yes the guys are considered lions and the girls are considered lionesses.  Lame, I know.  Anyways, as Carson and I get out of her car and walk through the front doors of the school Carson and I split up and head to our lockers.  My locker is two down from the cafeteria so it’s very convenient.  I unlocked my lock and opened my locker.  As I shrugged off my pink and white Vera Bradley book bag to put the books I didn’t need in my locker I was tackled to the ground and hit my head.  Hard.

“What the fu-“I started to say before I realized who just annihilated me to the floor.

“Oh my God I’m so sorry.”  Said Cade Pierce, the hottest guy at Sun Valley High and possibly the whole world.

All I could do was stare into his very soft, very deep brown eyes.  Okay let’s recap again.  Cade Pierce.  He is a like a Greek god.  Deep brown eyes you can get lost in, dark chocolate brown hair you just want to run your fingers through, lips you want to kiss all day, and a body to die for.  Cade Pierce.

When I finally broke eye contact with him I realized we were still on the ground, with him on top of me.  I couldn’t say one word; nothing would come out of my mouth.

“Cade are you that desperate you have to attack girls now?”

At the sound of Carson’s voice I relaxed times ten.  Cade got up and gave her a small smile.

“Carson shut the hell up.”

Then he looked at me as I got up from the floor.

“Again I’m sorry Serenity.” He said before he walked down the hall with his buddies.

“Jeesh Titty don’t be all goo goo eyes and drool all over him when he’s right in front of you.”  Carson said to me returning my focus on her.

“Why do I get like that in front of him?”

“I don’t know it kind of disgusts me the way you look at him.  I mean it seems like you want to pounce on him and just do him in the hallway.”

I turned back to my locker to get my books for the first half of my day.  Carson and I had our first 4 classes together and then lunch.  I closed my locker and swung my book bag over my shoulder.

“Is that necessarily a bad thing?” I said with a small smile.

All Carson did was give me a glare and walked down the hallway to first period.  Oh and did I forget to mention that Cade Pierce is Carson’s brother?  Sigh.

Carson

It doesn’t bother me that Serenity has a crush on my brother.  She is just being like the other gazillion and a half people who have a crush on him.  It only bothers me slightly when she says stuff like that.  I mean I form mental pictures of her and my brother and I just want to throw up.  Cade is a senior here at SVH and Serenity and I are juniors.  Titty and I have been best friends since like fifth grade when she saved me from the monkey bars.  I could get up but I just couldn’t get down.  That’s beside the point though; Titty has had like 6 years to get used to Cade.  She hasn’t though, shocker.

                As I’m walking down the hall to first period History I can hear Serenity’s footsteps and know she is following me.  I slow down so she can catch up and then fall in step beside her.  We walk in silence for a little bit until I got an excellent idea.

“So what are you doing after school today?”  I asked Serenity.

“Ummmmmmmmmmmmm nothing I guess.”

“You want to come over after school?”

“Uh…” was all she let out before I interrupted her.

“Titty don’t worry, Cade won’t be there.  He has swim practice after school.”

“Oh...okay…and I didn’t answer cause I was worried about Cade being home.  I was thinking if I had anything to do after school.”

“Sure Boss…sure.”

I smiled at her and followed her into class taking the seats in the back that we usually sit at.  Then I started formulating my plan.

Serenity

                First period took forever.  I couldn’t concentrate on the notes our history teacher Ms. Wattson had us take.  They were so boring and I couldn’t get my mind off of how gorgeous Cade was.  I felt kind of guilty thinking about Cade when Carson was right beside me but I couldn’t help it.  His eyes were just so captivating.  I swear I could look into them forever.  Just think if that moment in the hallway Cade realized his love for me and we ended up dating.  That would be awesome.  Then I could hold his hand, hug him, and kiss him.  Oh that thought got me excited.  Then kissing would lead to touching and that would lead to…

“Serenity.”  Carson said while she nudged me.

I looked at her with an annoyed expression for ruining my day dream.  She flicked her head towards Ms. Wattson at the front of the class.

“Thank you for joining us again Miss Rose.  Now if you could please tell us what John Locke asserted that all people were born with the right to?”

“Oh…um…life, liberty, and property.”

“Correct and the next time I ask you a question don’t make me ask if four times before answering.”

As Ms. Wattson resumed her lecture I looked at Carson who just laughed and shook her head at me.  Great, first I get tackled by Cade and then I get embarrassed in front of the class because I was thinking of Cade and it’s only first period.  This is going to be a long day.  Sigh.

                Carson and I shuffled out of English ready to go to lunch.  Carson took a left to go to her locker and I went right to get to mine.  Watching the kids who passed me and just thinking of the classes I joyously looked forward to, not, made the shock of who was standing at my locker even more shocking.  Cade Pierce was leaning up against my locker.  Holy. Shit.

As I approached Cade he focused on me and gave me his incredible smile that showed his perfectly straight and ultra white teeth.

“You have amazing teeth” I heard myself say.  What the hell was I saying?

“Ha-ha thanks.  I brush them twice a day and floss at night.” He replied with a cute smile.

“That’s good.” I kind of mumbled still mentally slapping myself for the douhcey teeth comment.  I think Cade realized my awkwardness when he started to talk again.

“So I just wanted to apologize again for kind of tackling you this morning.  My buddies were being douche bags and flipping rubber bands at me and I kind of got carried away.  So, uh, sorry again.”

“Oh, um, no it’s fine.  I’m just glad you completely annihilated me instead of some weird kid I don’t know.”  I said with an awkward laugh at the end.  Really?  Can I just be any lamer in front of this guy?

Unexpectedly Cade started to laugh, hard.  Through his laughter he managed to say

“Yeah I wish I wasn’t the one to fall on you.  Carson will probably beat me with a bat when I get home because I almost crushed her best friend.”

“Carson is going to do what with a bat?”  Carson asked as she walked up behind me.

“Oh, hey sis, and um nothing.”  Cade stammered out before looking at me and giving me a wink.

“Cade…Go away.”  Carson replied seeing the wink he gave me.

“Righto, wouldn’t want to make my baby sister late to lunch.”  Cade said as he walked away ruffling Carson’s hair when he went by.

“Cya Serenity.”  He said looking over his shoulder.

And what did I do, smile like a goon.  Sigh.