o n e

"swear i spent a lifetime, tryna get it right, still isolatedstill out of sight"

tryna get it right, still isolated
still out of sight"
..........

reconnecting old chains.

sweaty and out of breath, ruby and scrim huff as the walk off the stage. ruby, practically dripping in sweat, "ayo crazy seeing you here huh?" he says smiling, at an unknown face as he walks up to her.

who is she? scrim thought to himself.

her innocent looking smile is very unfamiliar to scrim. he didn't recognize this girl. scrim kept his eye on her, never letting her leave his sight as they walked back to the lounge. he noticed a twinkle in her light honey eyes. she was effortlessly beautiful, and scrim was astounded of her, but he kept to himself, not letting his emotions get the best of him.

"how you been!?" she said towards ruby after taking a glance at scrim. voice normal, not too high pitched, not too low.

"same shit, different day" he says taking a sip of something in a red cup.

"yeah y'know, same shit here, but if it helps, that show was fire! best one yet" she said smiling at the pair of boys.

"yeah thanks, who the fuck" scrim grumbles at rubys direction, turning his back to the girl he couldn't keep his eyes off of. the wall went up in a second, and ruby noticed.

"yo chill a bit, she's an old friend of mine" ruby said calmly, hoping too calm his cousin down. "i heard she was here, so i had her meet us back here. it's not that deep"

while scrim & ruby were bickering, the girl stood up and walked closer to them, attracting both of their eyes to look down at her. "i'm pip," she says looking up towards scrims face, which caught her eye in a heartbeat. immediately she felt her heart skip a beat. she saw the broken in his eyes in an instant. she couldn't even form a thought.

"scrim." comes out his mouth, monotoned.

she smiled at him in hopes it would give him some emotion, but he grabbed his cup and left the room. as he left the room he shook his head and looked down. Scrim was distracted within minutes of a girl, and that was the thing he has been fearing the most. he has never had luck when it came to romance. Scrim knew he was a romantic guy, but he lost his sense of love a long time back. he had no idea what she knew of him from ruby, what he's told her. for the first time in a long time, he was scared.

scrim went and sat out on the couch right behind the stage in hopes to clear his mind. ruby came out and followed him, and when scrim noticed he sighed and rolled his eyes. "yo chill, it's just me. what's going on?" ruby says as he sits on the table in front of him, handing him the blunt. "you're never like this after a show."