Chapter 1

Draco Malfoy was born on June 5th, 1980.

His parents were the illustrious Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, from the highest class of purebloods in society.

He was their only child.

Sometimes, Draco would wish for a brother or sister. It was lonely in that big manor, all by himself. He wanted another child to play Quidditch with. His parents barely let him associate with other children, only on occasion at parties. He longed for another child, a friend. If he had a sibling, they would be friends.

But, then Draco thought of families he had heard about, like the Weasleys, with too many children to count. Surely, being an only child was a sign of superiority, because only poor families had a lot of children.

So, Draco grew content with loneliness, in exchange for that feeling of superiority which drove his early years.

Before that first tutoring session with her.

Draco spent his childhood zooming around the countryside on a broomstick. His mother, on occasion, tried to teach him a bit of magic, but he normally refused. He wanted to be in the air, not stuck up in that stuffy old manor.

He was a spoiled child. His mother doted on him. His father bragged about him to others but never acknowledged him at home. Draco didn't realize this though. He thought he was getting everything that he rightfully deserved. Broomsticks, delicious feasts, beautiful robes. Wasn't this what a childhood was supposed to be?

He didn't need his father's love or attention. He didn't need his mother to play a game with him. He didn't need a friend his age. He was fine, with his money and power.

And for a very long time, he believed he was fine.

Draco didn't have the perfect childhood, but at the time, he thought he did. For the selfish little brat that he was, this seemed like the perfect life.

However, there was a time when he realized he was wrong.

The very first time he entered the Great Hall at Hogwarts. With so many smiling faces, from all walks of life, Draco's life philosophy came crashing down. In that moment, he realized his childhood had not been perfect at all.

When Draco's seven minutes came, He barely relived his early life. It was all a blur of money and Quidditch.

No, Draco didn't really live when he was a child, and that's what the seven minutes were trying to show him.

His life.

And for Draco Malfoy, his life truly started when he went to Hogwarts.

On Platform 9 and ¾, at 10:42 on September the first, 1991, he left his childhood behind.

His mother kissed his head and his father shook his hand. Draco smiled at them both. Then, with all the swagger he possessed, he got on the Hogwarts Express for the first time.

He was amazed at everything he saw, from the cozy compartments to the trolley covered with candy. However, he kept his face straight, seemingly above it all.

He walked down the corridor, looking for some of the pureblood children he had mingled with on occasion. They would befriend him immediately. After all, he was a Malfoy.

That was when he saw her for the first time.

A bushy haired girl with two of the largest front teeth Draco had ever seen.

She was walking into all the compartments, asking people if they had seen a toad.

Draco scoffed. If she was looking for a toad, she obviously wasn't worth his time.