Chapter 2: The New Girl

Taeyeon's POV

I arrived to my first class and sat down at my desk which was located at the back at the room. Jessica was sat at in front of me, she turned around to greet me and we started to chat away, waiting for our other class mates to arrive. Seohyun walked into the room, sitting down next to Jessica before greeting me. "Hey unnies" She said, smiling. "Morning Seobaby" I said, returning the smile. Jessica also greeted her with a smile. I watched as Baekhyun, Minho and Jonghyun walked into the classroom. They walked past us, Baekhyun winked at me before sitting down across from me. "Morning babe" He said. "Morning to you too" I replied, blushing. He leaned over from his seat and kissed my cheek, causing me to blush even more. Our teacher came into the room, hushing as she walked in and everyone stopped talking. She then stood at the front of the class, looking at us.

"Alright class. We have a new student joining us today and she'll be arriving soon along with the principal" She informed us before sitting back at her desk. I hope that this new girl isn't another Suzy, I wouldn't be to take another Suzy. Everyone was whispering about the new student, I looked at Jessica and she gave me a look. Suddenly the door opened and the principal walked in along with the new girl. We all stood up and bowed at him. "Annyeonghaseyo Class" He greeted. "Annyeonghaseyo sir" We all replied before he allowed us to sit down. "As you may know, we have a new student joining us today. Please take care of her" He said. The new girl stepped forward, bowing at all of us. "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kwon Yuri" She introduced her. The Principal left the classroom. Mrs Kim handed her a few books as the students started whispering. "You can sit next to Kim Taeyeon" She said, pointing towards me. 

Kwon Yuri bowed her head at the teacher before making her way over to me, I moved my bag as she approached. She greeted me before sitting down next to me, she seemed nice but you never know. I watched as she got out her notebook and her pencil case. Mrs Kim started to teach the class and it got boring after awhile. "Why do I keep zoning out?" asked Yuri. I chuckled in response and she looked at me. "Don't worry, I do it all the time. Her voice is so dreary" I said to her. Jessica turned around and looked at us. "She sounds like an android" exclaimed Jessica. Yuri giggled silently. "Oh please, an android would be better. She sounds like she's constipated" She replied. I tried not to laugh out loud as did Jessica. I looked over at the guys, they were ready to burst so they must've heard our conversation. Suddenly the bell rang out, signalling the end of class. I packed up my things before standing up and walking out.

"Oh my god, that was so awkward" I said, turning to Jessica and Yuri, giggling. "I was trying not to laugh. I think I looked constipated" exclaimed Jessica, causing all of us to burst out laughing. "You probably looked better" I replied. "Yeah I'm sure nobody looked worse than Mrs Kim" exclaimed Yuri. We were all struggling to walk down the hallway because we were all laughing so much. "Do any of you know were room 214 is?" Asked Yuri, once she had calmed down. "Ne. I'm in that room next, I'll walk with you" I said to her. "I'm in room 210 so I'll see you at break, you'll be there right Yuri?" asked Jessica, walking off. She nodded her head before waving goodbye to her. Jonghyun was in the same class as Sica so he caught up with her. Minho and Baekhyun had the same class as us. We walked to our next class, it was in the other building so we had a long walk. "Did you just move here?" asked Minho. She nodded her head at him. "I've been living in America for awhile but I'm from Goyang" She said to us.  "Oh jinja? How come you moved back?" I asked. "Oh...erm...we just needed a change I guess" She said, looking around. 

I noticed the tone of her voice, it sounded sad when she answered me. I think it's deeper than needing a change. We arrived at our next class, I made my way to the back of the room to our table. Yuri slowly followed us, I told her that she could sit with us if she wanted. She smiled before setting down her bag on the table, she sat down on my right and Baekhyun sat on my left. Minho sat down next to Yuri, on her left. Our teacher came into the room, I told her that he was easy and he didn't really teach us anything. Most of us take notes from our textbooks so we could actually learn something. "Oh I need a textbook" She said before getting up. "You can share mine for now, we'll get you one on the way out" exclaimed Minho, taking her hand to stop her from going. "Oh thank you" She said. I narrowed my eyes at her, I could see a faint blush upon her cheeks. I smirked then i realised I never introduced her to them. "Oh yeah this is Minho and this is Baekhyun" I said, pointing to each of them. "Nice to meet you" She said, bowing her head.

She looked over at me and Baekhyun. "So are you a couple?" She asked, winking. I blushed bright red and looked at Baekhyun. "How did you know?" He asked her. She smiled. "You look like a couple, I just guessed" She said. I blushed at her answer before confirming for sure. I heard the class room door open, I looked up and Suzy walking in with her minions, Hyuna and Victoria. I rolled my eyes before looking at my textbook then at Yuri. She was staring at Suzy and that who were blowing kisses to the guys and flirting with them. "They're always like this" I said, gesturing to them. She chuckled before rolling her eyes and looking at her textbook. I watched as Suzy and her minions made their way over to us. "Oh you must be the new girl" said Suzy, looking at Yuri. She nodded her head before rolling her eyes. Suzy turned her gaze to Minho, she smiled sweetly at her before frowning. "Why are you sitting with her, Minho?" She asked, gesturing to Yuri.  "Because I was invited to sit here, is that a problem?" asked Yuri, looking at Suzy. "It is a big problem! He's my man and why are you sitting next to him? You aren't up to his standards" exclaimed Suzy. I watched as Yuri scoffed and rolled her eyes again. "Oh and you are? You actually think slutty is attractive?" She replied, looking her up and down. I suddenly burst out laughing, she glared at me but I just rolled my eyes at her. I watched as she stomped off to her seat, her minions following her. 

"Talk about DIVA" exclaimed Yuri. I laughed again. "She's always like this. She wants what she can't have" I said to her. "I've never seen anything like it" said Yuri in disbelief. "You get use to it. Don't take anything she says to heart, she's just pathetic" I exclaimed. Yuri nodded at her before looking at Minho. "You don't like her in that way?" She asked. Minho shook his head. "Not at all, she's not my type" replied Minho. Yuri giggled at him. "I have to say, that was really amusing to watch" said Yuri. I nodded in agreement. "Things just got interesting" I said. We talked alot during class, Yuri was a really funny person and she's good at handling Suzy. Minho took a real interest her, they were always talking and I have to admit, they look really good together. The bell rang signalling breaktime, we gathered our stuff up and headed out the door. We walked to the cafeteria, we showed Yuri where she could get food and drink from whenever she needed it or wanted it.  "Thank you for showing me around" She said. "You're welcome. Oh by the way, may I see your schedule?" I asked her. She nodded and got out a piece of paper, handing it to me. I read over it and realised that we have all the same classes. We sat down on a table Baekhyun had found for us then Jessica and Jonghyun joined us. I introduced them to each other as they didn't earlier. 

Suzy, Hyuna and Victoria soon came marching over to us, they stood infront of the table and looked at us. "Kwon Yuri?" asked Victoria. Yuri looked up from her schedule. "Yes?" She asked, sounding bored. "We have a proposal for you. I like the way you stood up to me earlier and you'd be perfect for our group" said Suzy, looking at her. She looked at them before looking at us. "Hmm. No thank you" She said. "Excuse me? This is a lifetime opportunity that you can't pass up. You'll be one of the most popular girls in school" exclaimed Suzy. "Just like us" said Hyuna. "Come on, I doubt that you wanna hang out with these losers" replied Victoria. Yuri stood up from the table, looking at them. I looked around the cafeteria, everyone was watching the whole situation unfold. "Thank you but no. I'm happy here besides slutty isn't my style" She said before walking off. "You'll regret this" shouted Suzy angrily. "Yeah I don't think so" Yuri called back. Suzy and her minions stomped off, the whole situation left everyone stunned. Yuri actually rejected Suzy? I can't believe, no one ever rejects Suzy and her gang. I honestly thought she'd join them but I was actually happy she didn't. I wonder were she went.