The Willow Tree 5

This morning when I woke up there was a sign on my wall infront of me that said  HAPPY BIRTHDAY  BREA!!!!! I went down stairs and their was a stack of blueberry pancakes and a plate of bacon extra crispy and also an entire jug of apple cider! Everyone sang happy birthday to me and we ate breakfast, then opened presents! I got from mama a new navy blue dress and black slip on shoes!!! From Auntie Jo I got 5 homeade hair ribbons each with several different colors on it! When it came to Lia she gave me a card that said

                                                        Happy Birthday to the best sister of the town

            Thank you for letting me share Willow with me! She mean't everything to you and  I hope you like your present just as well!    Love Lia

I thanked her for the card and started to take my stuff to my room when Lia tugged on my arm frowning and said, " I'm not done yet! You still have to get your present. Follow me." She grabbed a packed picnic basket off of the table, and headed out the door. We walked all the way to the half way point to the end of our land and stopped to have lunch. We both had leftover salad, beer bread and slices of cold ham, with a piece of double chocolate birthday cake and shared a can of root beer. " What are we doing?" I asked between bites of birthday cake. Lia took her time answering, " We are going to see your birthday present. What did you think we were doing?" I don't answer.

After lunch we kept on walking the rest of the 6 miles to the end of our land. We passed all the usual things I had passed when I used to go to Willow, though I never really looked at my surroundings back then. To my right was a pasture of wild flowers all different colors. We really could have called it a meadow if it wasn't for a cow or two we would get ever so often. And over to my left was a forest of trees with a river you could hear running through its middle. Also if you find that river you will also find a small but happy little bridge made out of maple wood and hand crafted by papa and I when I was 4 years old! I remember the first time I walked across it. It felt liked I had walked into another world.

When we got to the place where Willow used to be, we stopped and stared. I had never seen anything more beautiful. Right where Willow used to be was a baby wilow tree, its arms swaying in the wind its little body surrounded by a beauitful mahogany fence which inside had a walk way outlined by colorful flowers planted into the ground and on the ground next to the perfect place to sit was a stone that read.

Willow was a magical place, full of safety and fun and wonder, she will forever be in our memory and standing for her is the wilow tree he who is called, Little Willow gardian of Brea and Lia, sisters forever.

I look at Lia who smiles at me and says, " Happy Birthday" my eyes start to water as I hug her with all my might look at her and say something I haven't said in a long time. "Would you do me the honor of joining me for tea Miss??" Lia laughs and reply's "I would love that!"  We run into the spot where our tea table is set up and have tea for 3 of course ( Lia me and Little Willlow)!

                                                                                 The End