His Bookworm: Chapter 2

(Hermione's POV)

I looked out the window to see the snow was up to the window and it was still snowing.

"Woah!" Ginny said in shock.

"Morning everyo-" Harry started to say until he saw the snow. Ron was behind him and saw it and his jaw dropped.

"That's a lot of snow!" Ron said. 

"Wow! Ron really?" Ginny said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. 

"Yeah, do you see how much there is!" Ron said.

Everyone just looked at him.

"Anyway... Breakfast is ready." Fred said placing a plate of eggs on the table.

George walked down stairs as we all sat down at the table. I sat next to Fred and Ginny, Ron sat across from me, Harry sat across from Ginny and George sat across from Fred. 

(After Breakfast)

"I'm bored." Ron said yawning.

I sat down on the couch reading a book.

"Ron let's play some exploding snap, anyone else want to play?" Harry asked.

"Ill play" Ginny said.

"Ill play as well." George said.

[Fred's POV]

Harry had asked if we wanted to play exploding snap. I knew Hermione wouldn't play, so I thought it would be a good time to talk to her alone.

"Ill pass." I said.

"Suit yourself Fred, how about we play in Ginny's room." George said. Ginny nodded and they headed upstairs.

I walked behind Hermione and looked at the book from over her shoulder.

"What are you reading?" I said as I stood behind her. 

"Your just asking, you don't really care what I'm reading." Hermione said. She was right as always.

"Your right." I said as I walked around the couch and sat down next to her.

(Hermione's POV)

Fred sat down next to me, I tried not to blush. I have had a little crush on Fred since my fourth year.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked. I knew he wanted to talk but he also didn't want to disturb me. I shut my book and sat it down on the table.

"You can read if you want." Fred said. "I don't want to disturb you." He said immediately after.

"You obviously want to talk about something. You always play exploding snap, which you declined the offer to play, then instead of leaving the room you stayed, clearly you want to talk about something." I said looking at him.

I though I saw his cheeks turn a bit red.

(Fred's POV)

"You obviously want to talk about something. You always play exploding snap, which you declined the offer to play, then instead of leaving the room you stayed, clearly you want to talk about something." Hermione said to me.

I felt myself blush a bit and I hoped she hadn't noticed. How is she so smart! She is good at reading people.

Hermione lifted an eyebrow at me and I cleared my throat.

"Well since we are going to be stuck here for a little bit we may as well get to know each other. This is a good opportunity since everyone else is playing exploding snap, I am sure there will be more opportunities to play while we are stuck here." I said. Obviously I lied about the first part. I wanted to talk to her because I like her a lot.

"Okay then, if your so keen to get to know me, ask me something." She said still looking at me.

"Hmmmm okay..." I said the first thing that came into my mind. "What's your favorite color?" I said. Hermione burst out laughing I didn't know why. I knew that was a stupid question but why was it so funny?

"I'm sorry!" She said trying to get herself to stop laughing. I blushed a little while she laughed, her laugh was cute. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself. "You wanted to talk to me and the first thing you say is 'What's your favorite color?" She said and she burst out laughing. 

I realized she had it point and I started laughing along with her. After a couple minutes we collected our cool again.

"Red." She said.

"Represent your house, mines red as well." I said.

We were talking about all the random stuff we had done at school. We were laughing and having a good time. Talking to her was just natural. It was so easy.

"You punched Malfoy!" I said laughing. "I would pay a fortune to see the look on his face." I said again.

"Punching Malfoy was nothing compared to what you did." She said.

"What exactly did I do?" I said trying to think of which memory she was referring to.

"When you set off a firework show for the whole school." She said laughing.

"Well it worked didn't it? I mean I did get revenge on that pink toad after all." I said laughing.

We talked for another thirty minutes before Ron, George, Harry and Ginny came back downstairs.

"Fred you have to play next time!" George said laughing.

"I will." I said.

"Ill start making lunch." Ginny said as she headed to the kitchen. "Potter come on your helping." She shouted as she walked out of the room.

"Ughh!" Harry said as he dragged himself out of the room.

George was chuckling.

We all sat there talking, Hermione had picked up her book again and started reading. 

"Food's ready and I suggest you get what you can before Ron gets in here!" Ginny shouted. 

George looked at Ron and sprinted to the kitchen. Ron got up and sprinted after him.

I stood up as Hermione set her book down. I reached my hand out.

"Huh?" She asked looking at me confused.

"Take my hand, Ill help you up." I said smiling.

She took my hand and I pulled her up. She smiled at me and we walked to the kitchen.

"What took you so long Fred?" George asked.

"You guys left Hermione so I decided I wouldn't make her walk to the kitchen alone." I said as I sat down and Hermione sat down across from me.

After lunch we all put our plates away.

"Fred, can I talk to you. Alone!" Ginny said.

"Sure???" I said looking at her confused.

I followed her up the stairs when I heard George say "What did he do?"

I walked into Ginny's room and she shut the door.

"YOU LIKE HERMIONE!!!!!" She shouted.

"Be quiet or you may as well just tell her." I said.

"You just admitted it!" Ginny said smiling big.

"I- shoot." I said and Ginny laughed.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" Ginny said as she danced around the room.

"Can I go?" I asked and she stopped.

"Uh, no." She said and she walked over to me. "Tell her how you feel!" She said.

"No, she probably doesn't like me." I said.

"We will see about that" She said and then she walked out of the room.

***Thank you for reading I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I will make a new chapter tomorrow.***